Chapter 64||...you couldn't step up to put a ring on it

"And I cannot promise you "perfect",
but I can promise you all of me,
I promise all my respect, appreciation,
and forever unconditional love"
Georgy

♞♞♞

I stared over backstage, everyone running around, signs being put up so everyone knew where they needed to be

I stared over backstage, everyone running around, signs being put up so everyone knew where they needed to be. Several superstars entering or running to find the gorilla, superstars scattered and going over their segments. It had been barely two months and I missed it all, I missed it more than anything. I couldn't wait to be one of the superstars preparing for the big show, to hear the crowd either boo or encourage you as you wrestled. Me being the Sellout booing was what I had been used to for the last year and a half.

"You can admit it" Hunter rolled his eyes as he fixed my tie. He smirked and I smacked his hand away as he tore my attention off what was happening behind him.

"Hey. We're standing in the fucking parking lot, can you not treat me like I'm a kid" I groaned even though he had done me a favour as my hands were currently occupied by my crutches.

"Shut up." He narrowed his eyes, briefly tightening my tie to prove a point.

"What do I need to admit anyway?"

"That you can't wait to see Nicole" he smirked, patting my cheek before moving away from me as he finished.

"You mean you can't wait" I scoffed and glanced down at my brace covered leg, reminding me how he had dragged my ass out of bed when I had simply decided to stay home. I didn't want them all to see me like this, I was a man they hated and now they would see me weak.

"I have been to see her a couple of times" he admitted and I couldn't help the surprise contained in my voice as I responded.

"What?"

"Randy and I are on good terms so I have been to visit them, more him obviously but she was there. Her mom is over there with them so you shouldn't feel like a kid for staying with us." I nodded while I found it abit strange, I guess it was good that things were reaching a level of comfortability for them. I stopped myself from asking if Stephanie had known about these visits even though Randy was there.

I on the other hand hadn't been to see her but had been a good boyfriend in suggesting AJ spend the holidays with her family instead of taking care of me. Staying with Hunter had its conveniences and I appreciated all he had done for me in the last few months. And I could gladly say I was still on Stephanie's good side and of course trying to lighten her anger towards Nicole.

"Well I'm happy to hear all is good with the unconventional family we are" I chuckled.

"I know you're kidding but I actually am happy, I can sleep peacefully at night. Even though its only a couple hours" He rolled his eyes as we entered the building.