Chapter~ Thirty Six

Chapter Thirty Six~

Riley's Pov

A week has gone by since the date me and Harry had at his place. That also means a week has gone by since we've confessed our feelings for each other. It feels so good to be able to tell him I love him everyday and know that he loves me too. I get a warm feeling inside every time he tells me he loves me. I felt so happy when I left Harry's house the next morning. I was sad to leave obviously but I was happy because I knew that I had someone who cared for me so deeply. I had stayed the night that hight, and we had talked the whole time about each other and what it was going to be like now.

When I told Chloe about the special event, she had freaked out. She was literally screaming and bouncing off the walls, telling me repeatedly that she was so happy for me. She had a hard time wrapping her head around the fact that Harry had told me he loved me, she said she thought he didn't seem like the type to fall in love. I had laughed and shook my head silently at that; I didn't think he would fall in love with me either to be honest.

I'm currently sitting in Chloe's kitchen, talking to her about an up coming event somewhere downtown, apparently there is going to be a job fest. I had no idea what that was until she explained it to me over the phone last night. It's a day where different businesses from around the city set up tents and booths in the park a few blocks down to advertise job openings and positions for college students. It gives new college students a chance to get started off. Chloe told me about it because she thought it would be good for us to go and try to find somewhere to work, after all it would be easier than going out and asking around ourselves.

"Do you think there will even be anything interesting there?" I ask her scrunch up my eyebrows as I take a sip from my glass of pop. This time, I made sure there wasn't any alcohol in either of our drinks.

"I have no idea, but the least we could do is check it out." She shrugs and finishes off her own beverage.

"I guess." I nod. "But I really hope I can find at least a somewhat interesting job to apply for when we go, and I can only hope that I'll actually get hired." A sigh escapes past my lips.

"I didn't even think about the possibility of not even getting hired." She rolls her eyes and drops her head into her hands.

"Whatever, if we don't get hired for anything at the fest, we will just go out and pound the pavement." I smile and she chuckles.

"That will be my absolute last resort." I chuckle at her words. Nowadays parents are hounding you to go out and pound the pavement if you want a job, they tell you it's your responsibility to make your own money and going out and begging is the only way to do it. Because of the advice I was given as a child when it comes to finding a job, that's probably the reason I do not have one; I was never willing to listen to what my parents told me.

"It's actually very stressful, what with school starting next week." I groan and adjust my self on the stool.

"Can you believe our first year of college starts on Monday?" Chloe's squeals, lifting her head from her hands and grinning wide at me.

"The summer went by so fast, it feels like it didn't even happen yet." I shake my head. "I'm so excited yet I'm so terrified." I say quietly, trying to let the idea of being a college student sink into my mind.

"I know, me too! I'm terrified to the point where I want to cry, but I'm excited to the point where I feel like screaming and jumping around." She laughs and I chuckle at her over enthusiasm.

"I hope everything goes well for me." I say. I receive a glare from Chloe and I almost cackle loudly. "For the both of us." I quickly add and she smiles in satisfactory.