Chapter~Ten

Chapter Ten~

{Riley's pov}

"Hey, mom" She looks up from her book and runs over to give me a hug.

"Hi Sweetie" she pulls away and leads me to the kitchen. "I'm so excited that you're here, it feels like it's been awhile"

"Mom, it's been not even two weeks. Not to mention I only live across town" I giggle a little.

"Two weeks is two weeks, not matter how far away you live" she tells me with a fake stern look.

She starts to get out pans and bowls and every ingredient known to man. I almost forgot about her baking plans. She said she's having some ladies over tomorrow afternoon for some get together or something. For the amount she's going to probably baking, there probably won't be enough women to eat it all. Mom always cooks and bakes way to much food.

"Where's dad?" I don't see him around the house and I didn't see him outside when I came in.

"He's over at the neighbours talking to Mr.Chatman. You know how those two carry on conversation" she says.

"Why did he go over there, anyway?"

"We went over for breakfast around 8am. I had to leave to be here for when you got here, your father is still over there" she laughs.

"It's 11am now, I'm going to be leaving by 4pm" I tell her as I wash my hands at the sink.

"Why so early?" She looks disappointed.

"The grocery store closes at 6pm and I need to go shopping"

"Why can't you do that tomorrow?" Mom asks.

"Because the grocery store is closed on Sundays mom" I laugh.

"This is a city Riley, there is plenty of grocery stores" she tells me.

"But there's one a few blocks away from my place and it's the closets to my apartment" I shrug.

"Ok Hun" she finally agrees. We literally just wasted five minutes discussing about a stupid grocery store.

I walk over to the counter and mix some ingredients into a bowl. Then I put the chocolate chip badder onto a cookie tray and place it I the oven. I look over at my mom and see she's making muffins so I go over and help her.

***

"Hey Riley" my dad walks through the front door.

"Hey dad" he comes over and gives me a hug before going back into the living room.

Me and mom are sitting at the kitchen table talking about everything under the moon. It's nice to sit and talk with her again, we never really get to anymore.

"The cake is done" she stands up and takes it out of the oven.

After the cookies and muffins were done, she decides to bake a cake. She places it not he counter and then comes and sits down again.

"So, have you and Chloe met anyone in the building yet?" She asks.

"No, not really" I shake my head.

"Really? You should introduce yourself to people"

"I have met one person, but... I don't really know about that" I hesitate.

Harry isn't in my building, but he is the only person I've met since I moved there. I don't understand why I need I meet people, I'm still in the same town, I already know plenty of people.

"Who is it?" She pushes.

"It doesn't really matter mom. I already know people, I haven't moved out of town or anything" I tell her.