Chapter Sixty-One

I apologize for the long wait. I've been so extremely busy with school, it literally takes up the majority of my life this year. Homework and studying is what I'm doing most of the evenings, so I haven't been able to find very much time to write. Hopefully I can find more time very soon. Thank you for being patient, it really does mean the world to me!

Harry uses bad language so much in this chapter that I felt the need to censor it, which I never do😂

Anyway, I hope you enjoy xx

*not edited*

Riley's POV

Almost immediately after I stepped out of the building and into my car, Harry had called me. He was checking in to see what I was up to and asked me to spend the day with him since we've hardly gotten the chance to since I gave up to fight between us. Of course I said that I wanted to, and of course I avoided answering his question about what I had been doing. Obviously I'm going to tell him, but doing so over the phone wouldn't be the wisest idea.

My heart thumps in my chest a little more aggressively than normal as I pull into Harry's driveway. It feels like ages since I've been here, though it's only been a few days. I let out a heavy sigh as I turn off the engine and stare at his front door. I'm so happy that I went and spoke to Nick, but I know that Harry won't be. It's not that I'm scared to tell him, I just don't want to disappoint him like I know I'm going to. It was foolish and irrational to go to the prison, especially by myself, and I know Harry is going to remind me of that.

I knock briefly on the door before letting myself in. Harry has never made it a habit to knock at my place, so I've never felt the need to either. As I'm sliding my feet out of my shoes, he rounds the kitchen corner and smiles brightly at me.

"Hey, babe." He kisses me softy on the corner of my mouth.

"Hi," I greet, straining my neck to meet his gaze. I can't hide the excitement behind my voice at the knowledge of Nick turning Andrew in and I know Harry notices, as he furrows his eyebrows a little and grins confusedly at me. Along with my excitement, though, I'm also aware that he picks up on the nervousness.

"What?" He chuckles lightly, resting his hands on my hips before pulling me closer.

"I, um," I hesitate, clearing my throat slightly as I smile and think about how I'm going to tell him. I really don't know what his reaction will be.

"You, um what, Riley? Spit it out," He laughs again, giving my sides a light, playful squeeze. I smile bigger, the pace of my heart picking up even more as I push the thought of him being upset at me to the back of my mind.

"Don't be mad at me, Harry, this is good good news. Okay?" I ask, my eyes widening a little as I stare up at him, my smile never leaving my face. He scrunches his eyebrows again, his grin fading as confusion takes over again.

"Be mad about what?" He questions.

"Just promise me?" I plead again, jutting my bottom lip out a little as I wait for him to agree.

He sighs lightly and nods before smiling in reassurance. "Okay, I promise. Now what is it?"

I take a deep breath and break eye contact before speaking, because I know Harry isn't going to be too fond of the first thing I have to say. "I was at the prison just now to see Nick," I admit, rushing the words out the slightest bit before I have the chance to overthink it.

I watch as Harry's eyes widen in surprise, clearing having not been expecting me to say that. His lips part as he releases his hold on my hips and takes a step back, his nostrils flaring as he does so. I can see the frustration build in him as he shakes his head and releases a deep breath.