Chapter Forty-Nine

*Not edited*

Harry's POV 

I didn't think it was possible for me to be even more impatient than I usually am, but here I am driving myself crazy thinking about how Riley needs us to take it slow. I respect her decision and I understand it one-hundred percent, but god is it hard. It drives me absolutely insane knowing that I have her, but I don't completely have her. I don't have the privilege of calling her mine again just yet, which is all very confusing for me because in my mind she is still mine, whether she is ready to put a label on it again yet or not. I love her so much it almost physically hurts me, so I can't help but just be grateful that she is giving me the light of day again. Of course I would prefer to skip over the part where we're not really dating but we are so much more than friends, but I know that she is right when she says that that just wouldn't work out the way we want it to. I didn't want us to rush it the second time around and end up in a disaster like we did the first time. I think we both have learned that rushing things gets us nowhere, and we know better now. 

"I think you did the right thing leaving, man, but you know Andrew isn't too thrilled." 

I am currently sitting in my house with Louis, discussing the backlash of the events that took place in the warehouse. We are trying to determine what Andrew is most likely going to do about it, because we all know he is a butthurt asshole that refuses to take no for an answer, so he is no doubt going to do something to show me that he is the boss. I don't think he wants to seek revenge for the fact that I need to be kept quiet, but more so because he has proven to all of us on many occasions that he is a control freak and has to have his own way or no way. 

"I don't give a shit at this point. I am so tired of dealing with his shit and running around taking care of his dirty work. If he needs money collected from cheap asses that refuse to pay up from fights like that Nick guy a while back, then he can do it himself. And if he is getting back into dealing or whatever other shit, his other followers can run around and pursue his every order. I'm just done." I shrug, taking a sip of the beer that I opened a few minutes ago. 

"I get that he's a jackass and all, but do you really think he'll do anything overly serious?" Louis questions, waiting intently for me to come up with an answer. 

"I've learned not to underestimate him. He takes things far too seriously and personally not to. I don't know what he is going to do exactly, but I'm sure it will be something that will royally piss me off." I scoff as I roll my eyes at the thought. He truly is unbelieveable. 

"And then what? You're just going to get back at him until you two are in a never ending cycle of fighting. It can only go so far before you're just going to get sick of it all over again," he points out, chugging back his beer. 

I curse to myself at the thought. I know that Louis is right when I think about it. Andrew is going to do something stupid and my anger will force me to retaliate, and that will continue until the two of us are punching at each other's throats. It's exhausting just thinking about it, but I can be just as much of a stubborn asshole as he can, so I'm not going to be the one to give it up. 

"There's nothing I can do about it until then," I simply state. "I left because of Riley.. I had to, and I am so glad that I did. If I have to start a brawling with him, then whatever." 

"I don't think Riley even realizes how dedicated to her you are." Louis chuckled, shaking his head lightly as he looks at me. "I never thought in a million years that you would be in this situation. You know, fighting with Andrew over some girl."

"But that's just it, Louis; she's not just some girl. I need her in my life, it's not even an option for me anymore at this point. I literally cannot let her go, I love her too much," I explain. I realize that I probably sound way too sappy to him, but I don't even care because it's the truth.