Chapter~ Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen~

{Riley's pov}

"Hey, hey. Come in" Chloe smiles and moves aside to let me in her apartment.

Last night went by too quickly and when I woke up this morning I wanted it back. Me and Harry stayed up till after midnight talking about ourselves and what we want to do with our futures. He mainly avoided that subject and refused to answer me when I asked him if he wanted a specific career later on. He told me he was already twenty one and if he wanted to have a specific job he would have went to college or whatever, but he didn't. Aside from talking, we teased and laughed a lot, and... kissed maybe a little. I'm not complaining about that though.

I sit down on one of the stools in front of Chloe's counter in her kitchen. She sits beside me and passes me a drink of what looks like Pepsi. I take a sip and almost spit it out, discovering that it is indeed not Pepsi but coke and rum. I look at Chloe and raise and eyebrow.

"I thought we could have a few drinks today," she shrugs. I laugh and take another sip.

"Why? What's the occasion?" I ask her and set the glass down.

"I don't know, just thought it would be fun," she shrugs again.

As we sit and talk while drinking our -well spiked- drinks, I can't help but wonder about Harry. I wonder what he's doing today? He told me this morning when I left his house that he would call me later. I guess technically it isn't his 'house', it's his apartment but it is basically half a house. Anyway, not the point. I just hope he calls me soon because I miss him already. Is that bad? It's only been a few hours but I just want to hear his voice, his rather sexy voice might I add.

I am snapped from my thoughts when Chloe waves her hand in front of my face. "Riley, I'm talking to you," she giggles and I look up at her and smile.

"Sorry, I was distracted," I shake my head to clear my mind.

"Anyway, are you going to answer me?" She looks at me expectantly.

"I'm sorry, what did you ask me?" I giggle a little.

"Oh my god! I asked you about that Harry guy, what's the scoop with that situation?" She takes another sip of what I think is her second drink and raises an eyebrow, waiting for my answer.

"Oh, um... I don't know" I shrug and take another sip of my drink.

"What do you mean 'I don't know'?" She mocks me and laughs.

Should I tell her? I know I will have to eventually and I want her to know, but is now a good time? We only started being 'a thing' on Sunday and it's only Tuesday so maybe I should wait a little bit? She has missed out on so much within the last few days and I really think I should fill her in so she can catch up to the news a bit.

"Well... promise not to make a big deal?" I ask her and roll my eyes, knowing that no matter what I say she will in fact make a big deal.

"Yeah whatever, I promise. Now tell me," she rushes and moves to the edge of her seat, needing to be close to hear the gossip.

"Well, we are kind of dating now," I look away from her eyes and take the last sip of my drink, ready to pour another.

"Really?" She squeals and grabs my arm.

"Yeah," I nod and laugh at her over-excitement.

"I don't even know what to say Riley," she sighs and shakes her head, drastically changing the tone of her voice and her emotion.

"What do you mean? Five seconds ago you were literally screaming with excitement," I furrow my eyebrows at her and finally start mixing that drink I wanted to have. I know I am going to need all the alcoholic beverages I can get if Chloe is going to be talking to me about this for a while.