Chapter~ Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen~

{Riley's pov}

I stopped yelling (I may have even stopped breathing for a moment) and froze. I look at him shocked, my jaw almost touching the floor. His eyes are wide, he realized what he said.

"W-what?" I stutter, completely stunned.

"I-I like you" he says so quietly it's almost a whisper. He was serious? This isn't a joke? I'm almost waiting for people to jump out with cameras and yell that I'm on some prank show.

I look at him and my lip quivers a bit, I'm not sure if it's out of nervousness or excitement. "Really?" I can't help but ask.

He nods his head and steps closer to me, he takes my hand and sits me down beside him on the couch. " I like you Riley, I really like you. I didn't want to admit it and I wasn't even sure if it was the truth, but it is. I like you so much and I can't even explain why or how, I just.. do" he rushes to explain.

I don't even know how to respond to that. Do I like him too? I always told myself I didn't, I always told myself I couldn't. I never wanted to like him, I never wanted to admit I did either. I guess I just thought he wouldn't like me back but now that he's sitting here telling me he does, I don't know what to say. I don't know him well enough, do I? I don't know much about him, I've only known him for over a week. I still don't know if he's dangerous or not, he hasn't been dangerous or anything around me. Not since the night I met him anyway. I know I like him, even though I shouldn't, but I don't know what to say.

"I-I don't know what to say" I tell him the truth.

"How about you tell me what you think?" He asks slowly. I look into his eyes and smile.

"I think that's the last thing I expected you to say" I almost laugh and he giggles and nods.

"Me too to be honest" he smiles. "What else do you think?" He urges me to continue.

"Well, I think it's actually cute that you like me" I smile. "I never thought you ever would" I tell him.

"Really? Not even when I kissed you all those times?" He asks, almost shocked that I didn't see it coming.

"I thought you just kissed all the girls. I don't know what I thought to be honest, I'm not making any sense" I laugh.

"Well whatever you thought, doesn't seem to be true" he laughs. He's looks at me for awhile, not saying anything. He leans in and grabs my jaw, pulling my face closer to his. He crushes my lips with his, urgently yet softly at the same time. He doesn't close his eyes, he makes sure to keep them open to stare at me, waiting to see my expression. I smile and pull away, not being able to stay under his gaze while we kiss any longer.

"I-I don't know what to do" I stutter. Harry looks at me confused and raises an eyebrow.

"What do you mean you don't know what to do?" He asks softly.

"I'm not sure what to make of this, I just don't know" I shrug. "I told myself I wouldn't like you, I wouldn't let myself. I told myself right from the start that I couldn't" I rush out, more or less talking to myself and forgetting he's even listening to me.

"What? Slow down Riley" he looks at me. "What do you mean you told yourself you couldn't like me?" He almost looks hurt, but at the same time he looks like he understands exactly where I'm coming from.

"I-I don't know you that well Harry. I thought at the beginning that you were out to get me or something. You intimidated and scared me, as much as I don't want to admit it. It's only been a week since we've met" I explain. He sighs and looks around before looking back at me.