Chapter~ Thirty Nine

NOT EDITED

"Riley, I-" I jump up from my seat and take a step toward her as I speak, but she cuts me off as she quickly walks to the door.

"Just forget it. You said so yourself that I wouldn't understand, so just save your damn breath." She huffs as her weak voice cracks and more tears fall.

"Just listen to me baby, I love you." I plead as she opens the door.

"Don't even say that to me, you don't fucking love me at all! If you did, you wouldn't have lied to me about your whole being these last four months!" She yells and then runs out the door, slamming it behind her.

It takes a moment for me to process what just happened. I stand there, looking at the closed door she just disappeared behind, and then, it clicks. Her words, those few sentences she just yelled in my face. Each and every salable that slipped off her tongue finally registers in my mind and anger strikes through me. How could she say that? How could she doubt my lover for her, for even just slight second. It angers me that she said something like that, but no matter how bad I want to scream at her that she could not be further from the truth, I can't blame it on her. This my fault, I gave her reason to believe what she just said. I gave her reason to feel that way and I need to be the reason she knows it isn't true.

I glance at the boys for a minutes once I come back to reality and my anger immediately gets directed at them. If they hadn't of come here to talk none of this would have happened. My face contorts to a look of pure rage as all I can think of is losing Riley over this stupid event that should never have happened.

"Get the fuck out, I will deal with you all later!" I spit and yank the door open, rushing outside as it slams behind me.

I run down the road, knowing that she couldn't have gotten far by foot. It is already pitch black outside, the light of the moon barely visible behind the clouds. I make it to the end of the street before I see her standing at the intersection, looking both ways before she bolts across the road. I curse loudly to myself as I feel the cold wind whip at my skin. She must be freezing to death.

"Riley!" I call as loud as I can. I know she can hear me, for she flinches and slows down a bit to glance over her shoulder. She makes eye contact with me for half a second before she turns back around and picks up her pace.

"Riley! Stop right now!" I scream. I push my legs to carry me further and I quickly gain on her, close enough to hear her heavy pants for breath but not close enough to grab onto her.

"I swear to god, if you don't stop right now..." I growl just loud enough for her to hear. I reach out in hopes of being just close enough to at least graze her skin, and I grab onto her elbow, pulling her into my chest as we come to a complete stop.

Riley's Pov

I push myself to run as fast as I can when I hear Harry getting closer. I do not want to talk about this right now, I don't think I'll be able to handle it. I could not believe my ears when I heard what he was saying to his friends. He was lying to me all this time about what he did with himself. Street fighter and part of a drug dealers gang? Been to jail for this shit? He had the nerve to tell them that I wouldn't understand if I were to find out, therefore I couldn't. Well damn right I don't understand! And screw him for trying so hard to keep it from me.

He has put not only me in danger by bringing me into this without my awareness, but he has also been putting his self in danger for who knows how long. Right from the start I thought he was dangerous, and even to this day a small part of me believed that he really was, but now, I know that the small part should have been much larger, maybe then I would have stuck to my instincts and stayed away from him. I could be in so much trouble now that I know the truth. I will not turn him in, I refuse to go that low, but hiding the truth makes me just as guilty and now I need to go through everyday knowing that I am with a criminal. Or was.