Chapter~ Thirty One

Chapter Thirty One~
{Riley's pov}

"Riley, can you come down to mine? I need your help." Chloe asks over the phone.

"With what?" I rub my eyes and cuss at myself when I realize it's morning and I forgot to go down there last night and see if she really had a party to go to.

"I just need some help packing some boxes and lifting some things." She says. I can hear her moving things around on the other line and she seems half distracted.

"What, why?" I panic. She isn't moving, is she?

"I just have a lot of stuff that I want packed away into storage. My place is crowded and it could use some cleaning before college starts." She explains and I release a sigh of relief.

"It's only the beginning of August, Chloe. You still have a month to get things sorted out." I tell her as I stand up from the couch and make my way into my room.

Sleeping on the couch is something I will never do again. My back is killing me.

"I know, but I just want to get it over with is all." She sighs and the noises in the background stop.

"What exactly are you doing?" I ask her as I throw a top on.

"I was trying to lift one of the heavier boxes onto the top shelf of my closet."

"Oh. Well I'll be down in a bit." I say before hanging up.

I'm actually upset with myself for falling asleep last night. I didn't get to go see if she was gone or not. I'll need to see how much alcohol supply she has left, with the amount she had bought you'd think she would have lots. But I guess I still won't know if she went or not, she could have drank it at home or out somewhere.

I finish buttoning up my shorts and adjusting my tank top before throwing on a light beige cardigan and leaving my flat. I didn't put makeup on because I'm only going to Chloe's. I throw my hair up in a messy bun on the elevator and that's when I realize I forgot to brush my teeth. I was in such a hurry to check out Chloe's flat that I totally forgot.

I step out of the elevator and walk to Chloe's door. I didn't bother knocking, she's already expecting me.

"Hey, Riley." She smiles.

"Yeah, hey. Now I need your mouthwash." I tell her right away and head for her bathroom.

"Why?" She laughs from the kitchen.

"I forgot to brush my teeth." I tell her and spit the mouthwash into the sink.

I go back into the other room and sit on one of her bar stools. She is currently putting the dishes away and wiping the counter off at the same time. I giggle as she tries to multitask and she sends me a fake glare.

"It's rare you see me tidying up, so don't laugh or I'll do it even less." She laughs and walks around to the stool beside me.

"So what do you want packed away?" I ask her.

"Just a few old blankets that aren't needed at the moment and some binders full of old work and stuff. A few empty picture frames that are sitting around with nothing in them." She shrugs. "I have too much junk lying around." She finishes and pours herself some Pepsi.

"So, how was the party or whatever last night?" I change the subject.

"It was alright..." She shrugs.

"Who all was there?"

"Mostly people I don't really know. I was only invited by some girl that I've talked to a few times." She hesitates.