Chapter Fifty- Eight

Only 2 more chapters after this one! I hope you enjoy.

Picture of Riley above!

*not edited*

Riley's POV

"Wait, so you're actually serious?" Chloe's eyebrows are scrunched together tightly as she stares at me in concern and confusion.

We went out for coffee together to hangout and catch up, but when she started to ask me questions about Harry and I and what was currently going on between us, I caved. I decided that I'm no longer capable of withholding the truth about it all from her, so I came clean about everything. Right from Harry being in a gang all the way to Andrew and his twisted intensions. I know that I probably shouldn't have told her, and it was most likely far better when she was kept out of it, but the pressure weighing down my shoulders tore me down and I blabbed it all. I trust her though, more than most people I know, so I'm confidant that the information is safe with her and as long as she doesn't get herself involved anymore than that, she'll be fine.

"Yes, Chloe. I wish I wasn't, but I am." I sigh, leaning my head on my hand.

As soon as our conversation began turning toward Harry, we left the coffee shop and came to my apartment. I couldn't risk someone overhearing what we were saying, it was too risky considering the circumstances.

"Why doesn't Harry just go to the police? You're going to get yourself killed if you continue feeding into this. This isn't a game, Riley, this is your life you're messing around with," Chloe hisses, staring daggers through me.

"Calm down, Chloe. This is why I've been keeping all of this from you for so long, you don't get it," I huff and slip off the stool, turning to grab a mug from the cupboard. My coffee from the shop is now empty, but I have a feeling I'm going to need another one if I want to make it through the rest of the day still sane.

"I do get it! You've gotten yourself dug so far deep into a world you shouldn't be in! And for what-- Harry?" She snaps.

I spin around, glaring at her angrily. "You don't know a damn thing about what I'm doing. I love Harry, in case you've forgotten. And I was too far into this to back out far before Andrew ever became a threat. But guess what? I'm still here! You wanna know why? Because I want to be! I want to be with him," I stress, pointing my hand out toward her in anger.

She shakes her head and rolls her eyes. "Is that why you've been taking a break from him for weeks now? You've been pushing him away because you want to be with him?" She mocks.

I pause, looking down as I realize she's right. I was pushing him away because I wasn't sure what I wanted, but now I do know. Yelling at her isn't fair for me to do when she doesn't really know what's going on here. I suppose she's only looking out for me.

"Listen, I've been thinking about Harry and I, and after everything we've been going through and after our time apart, I realized that at this point I'm just being stubborn," I tell her while I bring my new cup of coffee over to my seat. She raises an eyebrow in question. "I needed time to think everything over and I did, but now I'm done doing that. I've forgiven Harry for lying and he's been trying hard to make it up to me. I think I've known all along that our relationship was never really in question, I just needed space," I explain.

Chloe's expression softens and she smiles at me. "You really do love him, don't you?" She laughs softly.

"I do, and I trust him to get us out of this." I nod.