Chapter Fifty- Nine

So I've started grade 12 and you guys I have University level advanced math and we've only done review so far but I'm already freaking out a little. Wish me luck.

Anyway, I'm going to try to update the last few parts as quick as I can, but because school just started up again it may take me a few days. I'll try my best.

Only one more official chapter left after this one and then a prologue! (I might have to break the next chapter up into two if it gets too long cuz I have a few things planned for it.)

I hope you enjoy the chapter!

Riley's POV

An annoying buzzing sound bounces around in my head, waking me for my state of unconsciousness, but I can't make out what it is. My mind seems hazy and I'm having trouble focusing; all I can concentrate on is the unstable feeling consuming me. I try to move around and get more comfortable, but the grogginess I feel makes it hard to do so.

I being to panic for a moment, not knowing where I am or what's happened, but I calm myself when I feel someone squeezing my hand. It's then that I manage to make out the loud sound and I recognize it as a constant beep, going steady in a repeated pattern. I will myself to open my eyes.

"Riley."

I know the voice to be Harry's and I turn my head to the right to see him sitting beside me on a chair, his hand tightly grasping mine. My eyebrows furrow in confusion as I look around the room, realizing I'm in the hospital. I look down at myself to see that I'm in a gown and my hand has a tube attached to it. I suddenly become aware of the feeling of the needle digging into my skin and the wires resting with it. My head begins to pound as I begin to slightly panic, wracking my brain trying to remember what happened.

"You've been out of it for four hours," Harry speaks again. "How do you feel?"

His words surprise me. Four hours?

"I've been better," I speak, my voice coming out weak.

I begin to remember what happened, but I'm not exactly sure what really went on. All I know is that Harry and I were walking in the park and a loud noise rang through, then I was on the ground.

"What happened?" I asked him, desperately wanting to know what that whole scene really was.

"That bang at the park was a gun going off," he answered. I gasped in shock. Someone shot at us? Who would do such a thing? But then I remember who Harry actually is and I realize exactly who did it.

My panic rises within me again and I frantically scan my body, running my hands along the fabric of the hospital gown quickly, scanning for a wound somewhere. I find none and notice that I'm not in any pain and I don't remember feeling pain before hitting the ground. I wasn't shot.

"Calm down, babe, you're fine," Harry assures me, reaching to rub my arm.

"Andrew tried to shoot me?" I gape, shrieking a little.

"It wasn't Andrew, it was one of the other gang members. I can only assume that Andrew sent him, though. I'm not sure if he was trying to shoot you or me, but luckily he wasn't successful, either way," he says, resting his head in his hands for a moment as he runs his fingers through his hair. It's very clear that he's extremely stressed out and exhausted.

"Then why am I here?" I question, hissing as my head throbs. I reach my hand up to hold it and realize it's wrapped in a bandage.

"When I saw the guy and realized what was going on, I jumped on you and knocked you over and I landed on top of you. Your head hit the ground pretty hard and you passed out. The police and an ambulance showed up on the scene and we got a lift here. The doctor said you have a concussion," he explains, rubbing his eyes.