Chapter Forty Two

*Not edited yet*

Thanks for reading, enjoy xx

Riley's POV

"Chloe, I don't know what to do," I groan, leaning my head in my hands.

"If you love him this much, why did you call it off?" She asks gently, rubbing her hand up and down my back.

"Because he's not good for me. We aren't good for each other," I state. It's true, I was holding him back from fixing his life and he was shielding me with lies and dragging me into danger. It's been a week since he was at my apartment and I decided to end it. It's been the longest week of my life.

"That is the biggest load of bullshit I have ever heard. You were the happiest you have ever been when you were with him, and I am almost positive you were the best thing for him. Remember when you first met him and you kept running away scared? He was so frightening and he seemed so cold. Look at him now," her voice holds frustration and maybe the tiniest bit of anger. It is obvious that she is fed up with my excuses.

"You don't understand, Chloe. There is so much to this that you don't know, you couldn't possibly understand," I shake my head, sighing.

"So tell me! You come down here moping around about how sad and heartbroken you are, but you won't let me help you!" She yells.

"Well, doesn't that sound familiar?" I raise my voice back.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" She throws her hand up, looking at me in anger.

"Remember when it was you who wouldn't let me help? Remember when you drank like it was your form of oxygen?" I says it out of pure spite, and I regret it almost immediately.

"Wow, Riley," she shakes her head and looks away.

"Look, I'm sorry, but all I am saying is that you can't get mad at me for being a tad closed off about this," I explain, sighing once again.

"I know, and I apologize. But, I'm tired of seeing you so upset all of the time over Harry. If you are convinced that this is what is best for the both of you, then I support you one hundred percent, but go out and do what normal girls do when they break up. Get over him, have fun, live for Gods sake. You can't cry every single day over something that you could have controlled. This was your decision, you chose for it to be like this," she says softly.

"I know, I know. You're right," I sigh, let then out a groan as I stand up.

"School starts soon, and we won't have a lot of time to go out and have fun when it does. So, how about we go out Friday night. We can go to the movies or so etching and then go to some club. It's been awhile since we have had a girls night out," Chloe suggests, smiling.

"Yes, you're right. Okay, we will do that. In the meantime, however, I'll be cleaning my apartment and applying for jobs. I was supposed to get one forever ago and my parents are tired of helping me pay rent," I laugh.

"Will you be able to handle working when college starts?"

"I'm going to have to, I have no other choice," I shrug. "Oh, and I'm going to my parent's house on Saturday for lunch and whatnot. Selena and her husband are going to be there and my mother thought it would be a brilliant idea for us all to get together as a family once more before Selena has her baby and her time is too occupied," I inform her as I head to the door.

"Well that will be good for you. It'll be nice to spend the day with your family and take your mind off of you know who," Chloe smiles.

"You can say his name, Chloe. It's not like I hate him and he is banned from all conversation," I laugh, ignoring the slight sting in my chest that comes along while talking about Harry.