Chapter~Nine

Chapter Nine~

{Riley's pov}

I hit the ground with a thud, pain shooting all throughout my body. My head is pounding and I feel a heavy weight on me. I look up and see Harry lying on top of me, I was somewhat expecting to see the car on me. I groan and look into his eyes, he looks a mix between angry and scared.

"What the hell Riley?" He almost yells. I push him off of me and he helps me stand up. "Are you okay" He asks. Still somewhat pissed off.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Are you alright?" I ask concerned.

"Yes" he nods.

I hear a car door slam shut and look at all the people watching us on the sidewalk. I immediately feel my cheeks heat up, embarrassed that all of them seen me almost get hit by a car. The driver of the car walks over to us with a look of terror on his face.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't see you standing there. Are you ok?" He rushes out.

"I'm fine. It was my fault anyway, I shouldn't have been standing in the middle of the road" I shake my head at my dumbness.

After a few minutes of rushed apologies, the driver gets back in his car and drives away. I feel royally stupid, how could I not of realized I was stopped in the middle of the road? I shake my pounding head again and look back at Harry. He looks angry at me yet has a hint of sympathy and guilt.

"Why would you stand in the middle of the street?" He yells. I take a step back hesitantly, scared of him a bit. His eyes soften when he sees I'm scared and he lightly grabs my wrist and tugs me to him.

"I'm sorry" I almost cry into his chest.

I know both of us are alright, but I'm still really shaken up. That's the closets I've ever been to possibly dying and if it wasn't for Harry, I probably would have. He wraps his arms around me and snuggles his face into my neck.

"It's ok, baby" he whispers in my ear, his hot breath fanning my neck. Baby? When did he start calling me that? I guess he's just comforting me...

"Thank you Harry. You could have died doing it but you saved me anyway" I tell him. He shakes his head.

"Don't worry about it Riley" he dismisses. "You're coming home with me now" he states as he pulls my arm, walking me along with him. I don't stop him, he just saved me so I think I can trust him.

We walk down the road for a while and I begin to wonder where Harry lives. I remember that when he took me there it was about ten minutes from my house but I can't recall where it was. We walk in silence, Harry's hand entwined with mine. I don't know why I haven't pulled mine away yet, I guess I just like that he's holding my hand. I don't know, it's strange, but I like it. We walk onto a different street and it starts to become familiar. I soon see the almost house-like apartment buildings and me and Harry walk up to his front door. He unlocks it and pulls me in, taking his shoes off and gesturing for me to do the same. I walk over and lay on his couch, just wanting to go to sleep. He walks over and stares at me.

"What are you doing?" He asks me seriously.

"Going to sleep" I tell him bluntly. He just shakes his head.

"No, you're sleeping in my room" he tells me and picks me up bridle style. I start to squirm in his grip, not wanting him to take me there.

"Harry put me down" I demand, still trying to fall from his arms. He smirks down at me and just tightens his grip.

He walks me into his room and plops me down on his bed. He walks over to his dresser and pulls out a pair of boxers and a t-shirt then hands them to me.