Chapter~ One

A.N.

Hey:) this is a new story. I just thought of the idea and though I'd give it a try. I hope you'll give me feed back, tell me what you think and if I should continue with it or not. I hope you like it :)

~ Directioner4everbc
-----

Chapter One~
{ Riley's pov}

" Riley Montgomery" The announcer calls my name and the room fills with cheers and applause.

I stand from my seat and make my way to the stage. I walk across and take my diploma from the hands of my principal. I smile at the crowd and throw my hands up in the air in excitement. I finally graduated high school!

I walk back off the stage and take my seat beside my best friend, Chloe.She squeals and throws her arms around me in a hug. I have been waiting for this moment for a long time and it's finally here, I can't begin to describe how happy I feel. Me and Chloe are adults that are finally escaping high school, and it feels great. We've made it, and knowing that I've tried hard to be where I am now, sitting here with my diploma in my hands, makes me feel proud.

" Congratulations to the graduating class of 2014" The Principal says and we all jump up and cheer.

" We are finally out of this hell of a school" Chloe cheers. I laugh with her as we walk out of the building with our parents by our sides.

" I'm excited to start college in the fall" I say and my mom gives me a hug.

" I'm so proud of you for deciding to go to college" she laughs.

I was always the kind of person that debated wether I should attend college or not. I was never really sure what I wanted to do with my life, but I knew I wanted to get out of school. I thought I could make it with a job and an apartment but after weeks of thinking, hearing my friends talk about how they were so excited to get to college, and my parents trying to convince me, I decided I wanted a good future for myself. I'm a bright student and I don't consider myself that lazy, so I want to work hard in getting a good career.

" Me too" My dad says.

We say our goodbyes and make our way to the parking lot. Chloe hops in the passenger seat of my car and I drive out of the lot. We both live in separate apartments. I have my own apartment downtown and she has one in the same building but not the same room. I moved out of my parents house when I turned 18, so two weeks ago. Chloe only moved into her apartment last week.

" Only two more months until college starts" she breaks the silence.

We are both going to the college here in the city. It's a great college and it's really close to home so it's perfect. There are thousands of student already enrolled there so it's pretty big, and I'm extremely nervous for when the summer ends to say the least.

" I know, but I don't want to think about that" I laugh. I pull up into the parking lot of the building and turn off my car. We both hop out and make our way inside the building. We get into the elevator and press our separate floor bottoms. Chloe lives on the tenth floor and I live on the twelfth.

" Do you want to do something later? Like celebrate graduation?" Chloe asks me.

" What would we do?" I ask her.

" Go to a club downtown?" She says in a duh tone. I roll my eyes at her.

" How exactly do you plan on getting in? We aren't old enough" she rolls her eyes at that.

" I know the guy that stands at the door at Lights. He'll let us in" I'm guessing 'Lights' is the name of one of the clubs.

" I guess. But you're sure he'll be ok with it?" I ask her.