Chapter~ Twenty One

A.N. New book cover!! I love it! It was made by @omgyaystyles I hope you all love it too!

Enjoy the chapter!

Chapter Twenty One~

{Riley's pov}

(Wednesday)

Two days. It's been two days since mine and Harry's breakup. He tried to call me multiple times, all of which I've hit 'decline' and he even showed up here once. He was knocking on the door for nearly ten minutes, calling my name and attempting to open the door, finding it locked. I pretended I wasn't here when he came. I didn't feel like talking to him and I didn't feel like seeing him face to face.

It's not because I'm mad at him, it's because I'm embarrassed of myself. I thought a lot about Monday afternoon and all of the words that were exchanged between us. I'm embarrassed because I ended things between us after something so silly. The first argument, the first little obstacle in our relationship, I didn't push through, I just ended it. I regret that now because I overreacted and I'm too embarrassed to tell Harry. I was happy when he showed up because it meant he was thinking about me as much as I was thinking about him. It meant that maybe he didn't mean what he said or he deeply regretted it, just like I regret breaking up with him.

I know I will have to face him sometime, the sooner the better. It's eating me alive, we haven't been two days apart since me met. Maybe that's what he meant when he said we are together too much. I've decided that I'll wait until he calls me again, if he even does. If he doesn't call me by tomorrow I guess I will call him but I just need to say I'm sorry. Maybe I didn't do anything wrong, maybe it wasn't my fault but I still need to apologize for ending us. He agreed so easily when I said that, he just left without hesitation and that's what made me feel like I did the right thing at first. But after thinking for a while, I thought that maybe he agreed so quickly because he was scared or upset with the words I said and he didn't know how to react. Maybe he agreed to breaking up because he didn't know how to say he didn't want to.

A knock at the door interrupts my thoughts. I stand up from my seat on the couch and go to answer it. Chloe stands on the other side, an unusually bright smile plastered on her face. She makes her way inside before sharing what's got her so excited.

"Guess what?" She ask me in the most cheery voice I've ever heard her use.

"What?" I smile. Believe it or not but I've been smiling these past few days. I've gotten over the fact that me and Harry are temporarily apart because I have this feeling we won't be for much longer.

"I may or may not have met this guy." She squeals.

"Really? Who?" This is probably the most exciting news I've received all week and I'm ready to hear the details.

"Okay, so his name is Andrew and he's really cute. I actually met him last week but I didn't mention anything because we were fighting and I didn't know if me and him were going to stay in touch or not. Anyway, we decided to hangout sometime, like a date. He's so nice and, ugh, I can't even explain." she sighs.

"Wow, seems exciting. How did you meet?"

"At the grocery store." She tells me and I can't help but giggle. "He was behind me in line at cash and we started talking, I don't even know why but I'm glad we did." She smiles.

"That's great Chloe, I'm happy for you. I hope the date will turn out great and maybe you'll have a boyfriend within the next week or so." I smile and walk to the kitchen.

"I hope so too." She giggles.

I grab two water bottles and hand Chloe one before talking a seat at the table.