Chapter Fifty- Five

*Not edited*

Harry's POV

As I drive away from my house and leave Riley behind, my mind is occupied by pure rage and I'm seeing red. I knew that guy was a piece of shit the moment I laid eyes on him and saw the way he was looking at my girl. As if the warnings weren't enough, he actually had the nerve to lay his hands on her again and call me a bluff. Empty threats aren't something I've ever been aquatinted with, and there is no way in hell this time would be different. He's lucky I have a heart big enough to listen to Riley and let him continue breathing after treating her like that and even having the audacity to dangle the threat of losing her job in her face.

I look at the time on the dash and see it's not even ten o'clock yet and the bar won't be closing until the early hours of the morning. My guess is that this Brad guy stays there until closing, and unless I want to end up behind bars again I can't go in there when there's still customers. I didn't think this through. I could have stayed with Riley and calmed her down some more before leaving.

I curse to myself and pull my phone out, needing to just hear her voice and make sure she's okay. I know it's only been a matter of minutes since I left her, but I wasn't thinking properly and I really shouldn't have left her at my place alone at all. Especially with all this shit going on, Andrew could end up turning up at my place while she's there or something.

"Shit!" I curse at myself.

The phone dials for a few seconds before she answers, and to my relief her voice is no longer weak and cracking which relieves me a little knowing she's no longer crying.

"Is something wrong?" She asks, wondering why I called so soon after leaving.

"I just wanted to make sure you're okay," I admit, focusing on the road as I make a left turn. "I probably shouldn't have left you so soon, I can't even go to the bar right now anyway."

"I'm fine, Harry," she mutters and a small smile grazes my lips at the soft sound.

"Does Brad usually stay there until closing?" My eyebrows scrunch as I get serious again, pulling up along the side of the road across from the dingy bar.

"Um," Riley thinks for a second. "He usually did when I worked the late shift, but I don't know if he always does."

I find myself getting annoyed, not at her but at her statement. "Of course he did." That doesn't give me a solid assumption on whether he stays on other occasions or not considering what his intentions with her were.

"You remember what I said, right?" She asks meekly, causing me to frown. This reminds me of all the reasons why I'm not good for her... She feels the need to remind me not to do bad things. I wasn't going to anyway, but I can see why she's nervous.

"Yes, babe. Don't worry," I assure her. I'm still not assured about her being there alone, however. "I'm going to call Louis and ask him to head over there to stay with you until I get back," I decide, nodding to myself at my idea.

"What?" Riley sounds a little shocked. "Why? You don't need to do that, I'm sure Louis has other things to do anyway." Her rambling isn't convincing whatsoever, and I let out a small laugh.

"I do need to actually, for my piece of mind if nothing else. With what's going on I don't think it's a good idea for you to be left alone at my house."

I hear Riley sigh at my explanation and I know she understands what I'm saying.

"Okay..." She agrees hesitantly.

"I'm going to call him now. Lock the doors until he gets there, alright? He shouldn't take long."

When I hang up the phone, I peer across at the building and notice that it isn't all that busy. I wonder for minute if I should wait to go in or if I'd be fine to go in now, but I remember I have a phone call to make so that buys me a little extra time.