Chapter~ Twenty Six

Chapter Twenty Six~

{Riley's pov}

I woke up early the next morning, tired and frustrated from my blazing thoughts that lasted all night. I laid on my bed for three hours before I actually managed to fall asleep. I couldn't stop thinking about Chloe and her alcohol obsession. Maybe I'm blowing this whole thing out of perforation and making it seem whose than it really is, but I can't help but worry.

She has been drinking a lot lately. It started off as every weekend, then it went to a couple times a week, now if it's not everyday it's every second day. Collage faze or not, it's still not good. She needs to realize that before things get out of hand.

If I wasn't thinking about Chloe last night, I had my mind set on Harry. He has also seemed more distant from me this past week. He comes over late at night and leaves within a few hours or stays over and leaves early in the morning. He also seems so giddy, like he has something to hide. I have no idea what that could be or what his hesitant-ness could mean. He seems to have work an awful lot more lately too, but I suppose that isn't anything to worry about.

I never pictured Harry as a mechanic. I always thought you had to go to school to do that but Harry says he only has an assistant job. Meaning he only helps out as much as he can whenever they need him. It's still surprising to me that he works that kind of job, I never thought he would be into something like that. I'd like to see Harry working hard in the shop someday, seeing what he does and how he looks doing it.

I snap out of my daze of Harry at work and stop my those thoughts. Not the time for that.

A knock sounds from the door and it opens before I can even stand up. Harry walks into the room and smiles at me. He comes over and gives me a kiss and a hug before taking a seat across the table from me.

"How are you?" He asks me and gives me a smile.

"Good. You?"

"Great." He smiles again.

Silence takes over for a bit but it isn't awkward at all.

"Did you end up going to Chloe's yesterday?" He asks me after awhile.

"Yes." I nod. "How was work?"

"It was okay." He nods and looks away from my gaze. "What all did you and Chloe do all day yesterday?" Of course he has to ask.

"Nothing really." I shrug my shoulders. I don't want to tell him about my worried thoughts, it isn't anything I need to think about right now.

"Oh. What are you going to be doing today?" Harry looks up at me again.

"I don't know." I shrug.

"Do you want to do something?" He asks me.

"Like what?"

"Something." He shrugs.

"That really narrows it down." I giggle and he laughs.

"I don't know. How about we go out for lunch?" He suggests.

"Okay. Just give me a bit it get ready first." I agree and then stand up.

"Alright. What do you need to do?" He stands also and follows me into my room.

"Get changed and stuff." I turn toward him and usher for him to leave the room so I can get dressed.

"No, it's okay. You can get changed while I'm in here, I don't mind." He smirks and sits on the bed.

"Harry, nice try. Now get out." I laugh and tug on his arm.

He rolls his eyes but stands up with his smirk still on his face. "Fine. You get away with it just this once." He laughs and then shuts the door once he is out of the room. I laugh to myself and roll my eyes.