Chapter Forty-Eight

Omg it's been forever!! I am very very very sorry for my absence for the past while and the lack of updates. I've been sooo busy will school work - I hadn't anticipated that I'd have so much of it this year lol - and other things like hanging out with my family and friends. I just haven't given myself a lot of time to write lately because I hadn't been wanting to all that much. But, with that being said, I have missed it a lot and I am completely ready to get back in the swing of it! I hope I didn't lose any of you guys, I do apologize. Thank you so much for being patient! I love you xx

*Not edited*

Riley's POV

A knock on the door interrupts my work and makes me lose focus. I'm forced to shut my laptop and shuffle my papers away quickly as I stand up to answer it. I have no idea who it is, as I didn't make any plans with anyone for today and I know it wouldn't be Harry, as he would already be through the door and making himself at home. I haven't spoken to him since I was at his place a few days ago. I don't mind that, however, because he is doing what I asked and taking it slow so far, which I appreciate.

I make it to the door just as whoever it is knocks for the second time and pull it open. My smile widens when I see Chloe standing there with a bag of takeout in her hands.

"Hiiiii," she draws out happily as I step aside to allow her in.

"I feel like I haven't seen you in forever," I tell her, shutting the door. I turn to follow her into the kitchen where she sets the food down and beings to pull the containers out of the bag.

"That's because you haven't, I swear. It's been over a week, that's a long time." Her voice is so sure is makes me laugh.

"It's like you read my mind, I'm starving," I say as I open up a cupboard and grab two plates before I open a drawer and get the forks.

"It's from that little restaurant we went to after we went to the movies." I nod, remembering the place. "This container is those cheese fries, there's union rings in that one, and there should be burgers in the bag," she informs me, pointing to each takeout box before digging into the brown paper bag again.

"I love that you bring me junk food, it's just what I need." I laugh and start filling my plate with a little bit of both things and then I grab the burger she hands me. We eat and chat about random things for a few minutes before she asks the inevitable.

"So how are things with Harry? It's been like two weeks since we've talked about him, are things better? Worse? Any different at all?"

I smile before I say, "We've managed to work things out." She smiled widely and almost squeals before I even finish my sentence. "But, we aren't exactly officially together again just yet," I finish.

She furrows her eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"We talked the problem through and he did what he could to fix the initial issues. But things are still not perfect and we are most likely going to run into bigger problems, so we are taking things slow for now," I try to explain to her. It's hard to tell her what I mean when I can't tell her all of it.

"I'm happy that you got it worked out." She smiles, and we then continue eating.

Once we're finished, I wash the few dishes and place them back in their spots while Chloe offers to wipe off the counter and throw the garbage away. She puts the food that we didn't finish in my fridge and then grabs us both something to drink before we take our seats again.

"What were you up to before I got here?" She asks, sipping at her drink.

"I was actually preparing for class, which starts in a few days in case you've forgotten."