Chapter~Six

Chapter Six~
{Riley's pov}

"Next Saturday for sure?" My sister asks me. I'm on the phone with her right now, confirming our plans to hangout.

"Yes Selena! For the forth time now, next Saturday is fine. I'll be at your house by 9am." I tell her. I've told her over, and over again that next Saturday is okay with me, but she just keeps 'making sure'.

"Ok. I got to go because Jacob is leaving for work now but I'll talk to you soon." She says.

"Ok. Bye Sel" I end the call.

It was 9am when I decided to give her a call, it's 10am now. What I wanted to be a twenty minute chat, turned out to be an hour long discussion. That always happens when I'm on the phone with her.

I get up from my seat at the kitchen table and walk into the living room. I sit down on the couch and turn the tv to 'Ellen'. I love that show, I think she's so funny. While I'm watching, I can't help but think of Harry. I've only known him for a few days and he already seems to be invading my every thought. I've thought a lot about our 'date' last night. I enjoyed myself when I was out with him, as much as I don't want to admit it. But I've come to the conclusion that even if I did have fun, I can't be around Harry. I don't know anything about him and being friends or whatever with him doesn't seem like a safe choice.

My phone starts to buzz beside me so I pick it up and see a text from Chloe.

'I'm going to my mom and dad's today, won't be able to hang' -Chloe

I'm a little disappointed that she won't be able to come around because I'll be bored all day, but I quickly reply telling her it's fine.

'That's fine, I'll talk to you later' -Riley

I put my phone down and start to think about what I could do today. Since I moved out of my house and into this apartment, I haven't really had the time to go for a jog. I decided that that's what I'm going to do. I hop off the couch and go into my bedroom. I pull out some leggings from my dresser and a t-shirt. Then I go to my closet and pull out a thin zip-up sweater. I get dressed and then throw on some running shoes. I grab my iPod and head out of the building.

I jog down the street, with 'Smells like teen spirit' by Nirvana blasting through my headphones. I block out the world around me and focus on the lyrics and where I'm heading. Usually when I go for a run, I run for at least an hour, more usually. I get so caught up with the burn in the back of my legs which causes me to push myself faster. I loose track of time when I'm running because it's just something I love. I've always been good at running, I've always enjoyed escaping from my surroundings while I'm listening to my music. It's something I look forward to when I have free time on my hands.

I've been running for over half an hour already and I'm not ready to head back yet. I keep going down the road, not looking back and not paying any attention to the turns I'm making. I slow down a bit when I notice a dark car with tinted windows slowly going by me. I know I've seen the vehicle before but I can't seem to finger out where. The window starts to roll down as the car comes to complete stop along the sidewalk. A head of brown curls comes into view, along with mesmerizing green eyes. I stop my running completely and walk closer to Harry's car.

"Hey" is all I say.

"Hey. Where you headed?" He asks me with his hot British accent.

"No where in particular, just out running" he nods.

" Are you almost done?" He asks.

"I wasn't planning on being almost done" I tell him and he rolls his eyes.