Chapter~ Thirty Five

Chapter Thirty Five~
Riley's Pov

I pull into Harry's driveway and shut off my car. I smile as I get out of the car and lock it on my way up to his door. I knock softly and a few minutes later I hear him jogging to the door and it swings open. He smiles widely and pulls me in for a hug.

"Hi." He smiles down at me oddly and I burst out laughing. "What?" He laughs along, confused.

"You look like a goof." I giggle and push past him. I run to his couch and plop down.

"Why, thank you." He says sarcastically and plops down at my feet, picking them up and laying them across his lap.

"So, what's my surprise?" I ask bluntly, causing him to laugh.

"Let's get right to the point, yeah?" He teases. He grabs onto my waist with his hands and pulls me up to sit with him.

"That was my plan." I grin and nod.

"Come on, follow me." He smiles and stands up, pulling me along toward the kitchen. He stops and turns to me before we reach the doorway. "Close your eyes." He tells me.

"What?"

"Close your eyes." He laughs.

"Why?" I whine but do as he says. He grabs my hand and I feel him kiss my cheek.

"Because it will be better if you do." He says and leads me through the room.

Even with my eyes closed, I can tell Harry is smiling. I feel him wrap his arms around my waist from behind and bring his lips to my ear. "Open your eyes now, babe." He whispers and it sends a chill down my spine.

I open my eyes slowly and my breath catches in my throat. My eyes widen and my mouth drops open, I didn't think Harry was the type to do something like this. The small table in his kitchen is decorated with a white table clothe and two candles. Two plates of spaghetti are on either side and little red rose petals are sprinkled between the objects. I feel tears start to form in my eyes, I feel like it's not an appropriate time to cry but the sight of all of this is making me.

"Wow." I breathe out and turn to Harry, hoping the dim light will make my tears go unnoticed.

"Why are you crying?" He asks with worry laced in his voice as he moves in front of me and places one hand on my hip, the other going to my cheek to my cheek to wipe the tears.

"Because this is really sweet and romantic." I tell him honestly and he smiles.

"So why are you upset?" He narrows his eyebrows.

"I'm not upset." I shake my head and smile. "It's just that, no one has ever done anything like this for me before." I admit and he puts his other arm around my hip, pulling me into his chest.

"Not even Nick?" He asks me seriously.

"No, not even Nick." I say quietly, my smile faltering the tiniest bit.

"Well I think he is stupid for not treating you right. But enough about him, let's sit down and enjoy our date." Harry smiles again and pulls out my chair for me. I sit down and he joins me on the other side.

"Did you actually cook this?" I ask in awe and look down at the food.

"Yes, don't act so surprise." He laughs and starts eating.

"How did you even think of all of this?" I ask, gesturing around us and picking up a rose pedal.

"I don't know, I guess I'm just naturally romantic." He jokes and smirks. "I thought of the roses when I was out buying the food, I saw them and thought they were perfect." He tells me.