Chapter~Three

Chapter Three~

{Riley's pov}

Have you ever been so frightened by something or someone, that you don't even want to leave the safety of your home? That's how I am right now. I don't want to go outside because I don't know if Harry will show up on the streets somewhere. I only talked to him for five minutes last night and I know he's not someone I should get involved with.

I am supposed to meet up with Chloe to go and get our cars, but walking to the club means passing the ally I met Harry by and I don't want to bump into him again. I have a feeling he'll stay true to his word I'll be seeing you soon babe. I have a feeling that he will be using the number I gave him. I should have been smart and gave him a fake number, but then if I ever seen him around town again, he'd be sure to confront me. Maybe he'll forget about the whole thing? This is probably not the first time he's scared a girl into giving him their number, maybe he won't even try to contact me? If I'm lucky he won't.

I sigh and walk over to my door, putting my shoes on and stepping into the hallway. I lock my door and get into the elevator. After about a minute, the doors open and I make my way to the lobby. I see Chloe sitting on one of the couches waiting for me so I go over to her and she stands up. We walk out of the building and down the street.

"Do you think our cars are ok?" She asks me. I nod.

"Yea, I don't think anyone would have touched them, they were locked anyway" I assure her and she nods. I don't see why anyone would damage our cars, only someone with a bad attitude and a lot of time on their hands would try.

"How was the walk home last night?" I ask her to break the silence.

"I didn't walk home" she laughs. I raise an eyebrow at her and she giggles again."I wasn't stupid enough to forget money for a cab"

"Oh" I laugh. "I completely forgot about my plan to get home, I guess I assumed I wouldn't be drinking as much as I did" I shrug.

"So how was your walk home?" Of course she'd have to ask.

"It was...interesting" I tell her. She raises an eyebrow.

"How...interesting?"

"I ran into a couple of guys on the street is all" I brush it off. Her eyes go wide.

"Oh my gosh, did they do anything to you? What happened?" She starts to panic, I let out a little laugh.

"Calm down Chloe, I'm here aren't I? All that happened was some guy forced me to give him my number, I didn't get hurt or anything" I explain.

"How did he 'force' you?" She puts quotations around 'forced'.

"He gently pushed me against a wall and told me I wasn't leaving until I gave him my number" I out emphasis on the word 'gently' so she doesn't freak out too much.

"Oh my gosh, you're so lucky nothing bad happened" she says. Yea, I'm lucky alright! For all I know he's some stalker that will try to kill me, I wouldn't consider myself too lucky.

"I guess" I shrug.

We finally make it to the parking lot we left our cars in and we both get in our cars. We passed the ally on our walk a few minutes ago and thankfully Harry and his monkeys weren't around. I start my car and pull out onto the road a few minutes after Chloe, heading towards a small cafe that's down the street.

Five minutes later, I pull into the lot of the cafe and turn off my car. I step through the doors of the small building and immediately my scent is filled with cinnamon and coffee. I walk up to the cash and order my coffee and then I take a seat at a table by the window. I pull out my phone and start texting my older sister, Selena. She's 24 years old and she's married. She lives here in town but I hardly ever see her. Usually she's busy with her own life or I just don't have time. Lately I've been busy with school and she's been busy with her job or her husband, Jacob's, family. We have been talking about getting together for a day sometime soon.