Epilogue

HAPPY NEW YEARS (EVE)! I hope you guys had a wonderful 2017 and enter 2018 will lots of joy. Thank you for supporting me throughout this year, and sticking with Pain. I'm happy and thankful for where this story has ended up. I'm also happy I managed to finish it before the year comes to an end (barely lol).

This is suuuuch a long epilogue. I hope you all enjoy it. This is the true ending of Harry and Riley's story *sobs*.

3 YEARS LATER

Riley's POV

"Riley Montgomery. Cum Laud!"

My grin is indestructible as the crowd erupts into loud claps and cheers. I make my way up the steps along side the stage, looking out at the massive crowd gathered in the auditorium. Even over the loud commotion as the clapping continues, beginning to die down, I can hear Harry's loud holler as I carefully move across the stage as gracefully as possible in my tall heels.

"Way to go, baby!" He shouts, and I look in his direction, my smile breaking into a giggle as I struggle to see his grinning face passed the blinding lights. But I see him-- I see the happiness shining on his face as he watches me with nothing but pride. I send a quick wave to him and my family before I face the Dean of my college, reaching out to accept his extended hand in my own.

"Congratulations, Miss Montgomery. It's been an honour." He smiles brightly at me before releasing my hand, placing my diploma into my palm.

"Thank you," I beam.

I exit the stage, my heart still thumping excitedly in my chest as I make my way back to my seat beside the remainder of my graduating class. I'm beyond excited to finally have made it to this day, graduating from my program on the Dean's list and making my family proud. I can hardly contain myself as I stay seated.

It takes about another hour before the ceremony is done and we are allowed to go outside. I exit the building and wander around the yard for a while before I finally spot Harry's head of hair above everyone else's. His height really comes in handy in situations like this. My smile grows as I sneak up behind him, unable to keep very quiet as I get nearer. He spins around suddenly and sees me coming, his grin wide and bright as he lets out a hearty chuckle. Then he opens his arms, gesturing me forward. I skip to him and throw my arms around him, laughing as he picks me up off the ground and spins me a little.

"I'm so proud of you," he tells me, kissing the shell of my ear before he settles me back down on my feet, steadying me so I don't fall over from these killer heals. My feet ache slightly.

"Thank you," I grin up at him. "Where are my parents?" I furrow my eyebrows as I realize they aren't around.

"Oh, they're all over there getting pictures with Chloe and her family," Harry chuckles, pointing over to the right of us. My parents, along with Selena and her husband, are standing underneath a large tree, snapping a few pictures of Chloe stood between her mom and dad.

Harry and I make our way over there with our hands entwined together. He gives my hand a little squeeze and I smile at the gesture. I love how supportive and proud he has been of me over the last few years, and I appreciate that he's still here by my side, enjoying this special day with me. When we reach the others, my mother is the first to spot me, her grin widening before she lets out a deafening squeal and rushes over to me, enveloping me in her arms. She rocks me from side to side out of excitement and I can't help but laugh as I return the tight hug. 

"Oh, honey, I'm so proud of you! You looked to accomplished walking up on that stage." Her enthusiasm boosts my mood even higher, and I close my eyes as we continue to hug.