» 110

GOD DOG
[FINALE]

••

"Take care of Johan for me, I'll be back in just a second." Zack promised, placing Johan's in her arms carefully.

"The hell do I look like? A registered nurse?" Y/N cried. Zack chuckled and ignored the poor girl as he went to battle the quite malicious Gun.

"You..you know him?" Johan asked. She turned her attention to him, applying pressure on places where the most blood dripped.

"Yeah. Cool, isn't he? I don't know what I'd do without him." Y/N answered massaging her hand through his hair, "Where does it hurt the most?"

Probably his ass, he's been landing on it since this damn shit started. Damn ASShole, get it?

"Shut up. I hate you." Y/N mumbled to herself.

"Did you say something?"
"No. It's all in your head."

"I'm really sorry, Y/N. I let you down— I'm a real failure! I let you & my mom and, and—" He was suddenly shushed & comforted by the girl who was rubbing his back. He began crying quietly as the memories of his long past sprouted into his mind.

"You're not a failure." Y/N comforted, "You didn't let anyone down. Okay? You are no failure; can't you see? If you're here with me, alive & breathing, then you are no loser. You are strong & smart, and the most courageous person I know! Soon, bad things will pass by and the good will come. Trust me."

"Y/N..." Johan called, "Thank you, but there's something I need to tell you."

"What is it? Are you okay?" Y/N asked, brushing his messy hair from his eyes. He looked up at her with the tears still running down his face. She furrowed her brows and wiped them away with her thumb, giving a sad and comforting smile.

"I love you."

Y/N was quick to realize his confession, but for some reason, something felt off.

It wasn't like previous times where she was quick to reject, rather her heart was fluttering. Her body heated, especially her cheeks which was brighter than the purest of red roses. For a minute, she felt as if there was a world collapsing in her body & there was constant splashing of sea waves hitting the rocks. Surely, she couldn't have returned feelings, could she?

CRASH!

"Z-Z-Zack!" Zack crashed to the ground with a big grunt escaping his lips. He rubbed the area where he had hit himself and groaned.

"Tap out," Zack said gently tapping the ground and trading places, "That guy's speedy."

"Hnn. A strong lower body, flexible, & you're fast too." Gun said staring at Zack up and down, "Is it talent or hard work?"

"Shut the hell up, you old man."

"Because of you, I'm losing my damn chances of love." Y/N stated, roughly placing on her golden brass knuckles and mumbling to herself.

You can't beat him, Y/N. You know that. He has way more experience than you, you fight with no rules.

"Tch. Shut the hell up, you. I may fight sloppy, but ever since I've lost to him that day of the festival." Y/N muttered.