» 86

“THANKSGIVING”

DESCRIPTION: It's Thanksgiving, the first holiday (Y/N) has ever truly loved because of the amazing food and annoying relatives who give money. This year might be just a little different.

••

“(Y/N), don't worry. I'm sure we'll be fine.” (F/N) reassured putting a hand on her upper back.

“I just find it unnecessary to make the food we made, they'll have everything anyways.” She said back eyeing the neatly decorated ham in the back.

“You know, if we don't end up eating it, you can like...give it to me.” She suggests as the beautifully carved door opens in front of them.

The Taen Family's Butler, Felix, answers with a bright smile. He was tall, and handsome for his age. His  gray hair was slicked back and he made sure to puff his chest out to show confidence. He –obviously– had wrinkles due to his age, but they were barely visible.

He greets them and welcomes them into the luxurious home. Whatever's luxury to you can be used to describe as this amazing and huge house. Except, I think Chick-fil-A is luxury so.

“Dinner will be ready in an hour. Why don't you run along downstairs, Ms. (Y/N)?” Felix suggests.

“Don't tell me that's where all the kids are..” You mumbled as he pointed to a staircase along the side of the main, elegant stairs that centered the room.

” You mumbled as he pointed to a staircase along the side of the main, elegant stairs that centered the room

“Ah!~” Your back hit the wall and you slid down stopping once you hit the limit.

“Do you have games on you–”
“No.”

Many kids came up to you begging for your phone. You couldn't remember how they were related to you, they just were. There were relatives who would “go for a walk” and come back smelling like Marijuana, others who sat on their phone– like you, and some that were playing around with their siblings.

This would be the time now where you wished God hadn't made you a only child. You wished there was a little or older sibling to keep you company, but that wasn't happening. The reality was; you were alone.

As you blessed the food in front of you, your stomach growled quietly. The blessing had been going on for almost two minutes. That's way too long!

“Amen.” You finally dug into the dish happily eating as your annoying auntie watched.

“If you wouldn't eat that much, you'd be dating someone by now honey.” She stated with shade as she bit into her rice.

“If you wouldn't talk that much, your ex-husband wouldn't have left you but that's none of my business.” You shot back.

“(Y/N)!” Your dad called smacking you lightly and giving you that look.

“Hm~” She hummed to herself giving a stink eye as she looked to her cousin Royce.

“What am I gonna do? Stop her?” Royce asked putting up defensive hands.

“Ah, moving on. (Y/N), have you gotten in a relationship yet?” Uncle Dee asked.

“No sir, I'm not looking for one.” You said continuing to eat.

“Maybe we can set you up with that DG boy you are always with. He is very wealthy after all.” Grandpa Taen suggested.

“I don't want to date someone because of their money! I have plenty of money I made by myself, I'll do just fine.” You explained.

A awkward air hit the room as you ate aggressively. Why would they put your relationship status and love life on blast like that? Cause they're bored?

“So, will you also be working at Taen Corps?” Royce asked as you shook your head.

“I don't think that's something a kid my age should be doing, but I do thank you for offering it. I'm happy with my small job.” You explain.

Eventually, the subject finally moved from you to your other relatives and just like that, dinner was finally over and you could go home.

Sort of.

(Y/N), would you like to go downtown? We can go to the curry and coffee shop we like.” Your dad suggests leaning closer.

The food wasn't all that good.” He whispered as you nodded.

Your eyes stared at the sleeves of his blue sweatshirt. It was tattered and threads from the inside stuck out. He needed a new sweater, he refused to go clothes shopping the day he left for America.

“Dad, let's go get you a new sweater. Gucci?” You said standing up.

Gucci will last for some time at least until the holidays You thought.

“Huh, okay, If you insist. What's a Gucci?”
“I'll explain in the car.”

You both said your goodbyes to your relatives and packed your things to leave. Then, you hopped in your car and explained and argued for twenty minutes.

For the next hour,
we went to many stores.

“Oh wow! Isn't this nice?” You asked him putting a jacket on his body to imagine how it looked.

We went through racks
and racks of clothes, yet...

“It is nice on me..” He admitted checking the tag and sighing seeing $150.

He wouldn't buy anything
even if I paid for it.

“W-why don't we go somewhere else? Clearance?” He asked looking around for the clearance area.

You scrunched your brows and sighed softly watching your own father not being able to buy something he wanted.

...I still came back for it though cause i'm not that big of an asshole.

You can only open this when you board, okay?

(F/N) smiled opening the giant present to see clothing that they found the day before. Under all the clothes sat a small box, a Rolex watch.

It's the season of giving, right?

(Or is that Halloween?)

••
I haven't been active on any of my social medias, but just know that I'm still alive for some reason–

Anyways, the BTS Imagines story is published now so go read that if you want or continue doing...life? Sure, that works.

Also, I watched SVU (Special Victim's Unit) and I'm kind of like, obsessed– but that's for another time.