» 33

NEW BEGINNINGS
[01]

•   •    •

STAR COFFEE was usually busy from twelve to four o' clock. Packed with dozens of people thirsty for the holy beauty, Y/N was amongst those people. Except, she was seated at a table with her stepfather.

"Of all places you could've chosen to talk to me ar, you choose this coffee place?" You ask shaking the ice in your cup and sipping it.

"What's the problem?" Royce asks as he adjusts his watch & pushes his chair forward, going for his coffee cup.

"I mean, I gave up coffee and you're just tempting me," You began staring at his coffee with sadness, "But also..."

"It's not in the slightest private"

You signal towards the window showcasing the hundreds of reporters waiting for a chance with Royce. They flashed pictures and almost blinded you if you hadn't looked away.

"You're right." He admits, standing up.

"Idiot! I'm not gonna waste money on another damn train just to meet you somewhere else!" You yell. He sits down immediately and puts his hands up in defense.

"Fine, fine. Do you want something to eat?" He asks as you shake your head, "Fine, let me cut to the chase. It's not important."

"What's?? The muthafuggin?? TeA!" You ask, hitting your drink and & loudly slurping it as you cross your leg.

"Stop- what're you doing? Stop that." He orders as you slurp a little more and put your tea down.

•   •   •

"Okay, so let me get this straight." You started, trying to process all your information he spilled.

"Uh-huh."

"My mom told you that she isn't going to give allowance to me anymore." You stated as he nodded along.

"So you got me an after school internship, behind my back, at some entertainment company." You said while watching him finish his macchiato.

"Yup."

"My god, is this child labor?! Why am I gonna do this? Do I even need money that much?" You ask, rubbing your temples frustratingly.

"Y/N, it's easy money every week. You probably won't even be doing much!" Royce states catching your attention.

"Go on."

"You work from 2-5PM every day. $50 an hour, you get it?" Royce says, writing the math on a napkin.

"That's $150 a day, multiplying $50 by the three hours I work every day– that's more money than my allowance!" You finish as he nods, knowing that you were now intrigued.

"And multiplying the $150 you make everyday by the 7 days in a week..you get $1,050. Every. Week." Royce stated extending the words and finishing the math.

"I'll do it." Royce extends his hand and regrets it when you shake the hand excitedly.

"For the bullshit you're putting me through, $200 in my hand now." You order, holding out your hand for the money.

𝐏𝐀𝐔𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐌 」 Lookismजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें