"Good," Barbara replied as she put on her seatbelt.

"Dick, who's the newbie?" Selina questioned goodheartedly as she drove towards the manner.

"This is Artemis," Dick introduced. What else could he say? He didn't know much about her, she wasn't even his friend. But Selina didn't need to know that. "She's a friend of ours." Saying that sentence physically pained him.

"Cool, cool," The cat-lover said. Just another guest to his party. She couldn't wait to see Dick's happy face when he walked in the manor to see everything they've do to celebrate his special day. She wanted to slyly hint something, but she might say too much and spoil the surprise by accident, so she decided not to do that.

Artemis, meanwhile, felt out of place. Truthfully, she didn't want to be here, but it was better than being at home. She shivered at the thought of returning back there without attaining any new information. Her father would be furious.. Well, that was if he was even home. If he wasn't, and was on a mission or something instead, then she'd probably spend another night eating an apple for dinner.

When they arrived at the manor, Selina asked, "Hey, Dick?"

"Yeah?" He answered.

"Could you, uh, go and... unlock the door for us?" She asked with an innocent smile. "We'll be there in a second. Don't get in without us!"

Dick gave her a puzzled look, but said, "okay" anyways. He grabbed the house key and went off.

When he was out of earshot, Selina put an arm around her seat and turned back to the girls. "Alright, ladies, listen up. Bruce and I planned for a surprise birthday party for Dick. Key word: surprise, meaning that when he opens that door, we're all gonna yell, 'surprise!' Got it?"

Barbara gave a toothy grin and nodded, excited. Artemis flashed a cheeky, close-lipped smile that disappeared the moment no one was looking. Must be nice to have a loving family, she thought bitterly.

They got out of the car and met up with Dick, who was waiting and watching them curiously.

Selina for some reason knocked on the unlocked door before opening it slowly. Dick was the last one to talk in the house. The sight he was greeted with brought tears to his eyes.

Colorful streamers and balloons were placed around the walls, the tables were covered with birthday themed cloth with birthday themed plates and napkins on it, and a large, delicious looking cake lied in the middle. Bruce, Alfred, Oswald, Selina, Barbara, and Artemis, at once, shouted, "SURPRISE!"

Everyone was there, smiling and cheering for.. him. Everyone but who was supposed to be there. Mami and Tati..

How could he be happy, celebrating his birthday, when his parents weren't there to celebrate it with him?

"Aww, buddy.." Selina cooed, "don't cry."

They thought he was crying from joy. He wish he was, he really did.

Oswald began to notice that he was crying for too long and a little too hard. "R- Dick. What's the matter?"

"Dick?" Barbara voiced her worry.