14) Coloring and Sharing

"Tell your boss that I'm here." Catwoman ordered impatiently as she crossed her arms with the document in her hand.

The man took out his phone. "She has it...Okay, I will."  He hung up. "Penguin is on his way."

Catwoman grunted in response. She looked at the document in her hands. It was thin and in a beige folder. When she was at the police department, it didn't take her long to figure out what the document Oswald wanted was. Thankfully for her, it was in the first few drawers. It was information about the boy who had robbed the bank. That was Dick, of course.

She didn't know why Oswald wanted this, but she wasn't too concerned. There was nothing stating that they knew the identity of the boy or even had clues. Besides, Penguin probably just wanted to burn the information after he made sure everything was according to his plans or something.

Speaking of the devil, Catwoman saw him approaching her from the side of her eye. "I'm glad to see that you were successful." He stated with a smirk.

"Whatever. Just take this and tell me what orphanage Dick is being sent to." Catwoman demanded.

Penguin rolled his eyes. "You're a feisty one, aren't you? It's quite annoying, really." He pulled out a post it note with the address of the orphanage along with other information she might need.

Catwoman glared at him for the remark as she snatched the note. "It seems you're not the only annoying one here, then." She retorted.

"How clever." Penguin wryly commented. As Catwoman began to walk away, he said, "wait."

She stopped, but didn't turn around.

"Are you going to adopt the boy?" He asked. Catwoman looked back at him. "I dunno. What's it mean to you?"

Oswald looked like he wanted to say something. He scrunched his eyebrows and opened his mouth to speak, but quickly closed it and shook his head. "Nothing. I- argh, never mind." He decided. "Good day." He said, as if nothing had just happened and waddled away.

Catwoman scoffed. She looked down at her suit. She needed change.

- - - - - - -

Selina bent down and started tying her shoe laces.

Buzzzzz. Selina grabbed her phone and looked at the caller's name. It was Bruce.

She pursed her lips. She abandoned her shoes and reached for the phone. "Hello?"

"Hey, Selina. I just wanted to see how you're doing." Bruce said while a gentle voice.

Selina scoffed. "Oh, I'm great. Thanks for asking. I mean, it's not like you've done anything to really piss me off lately." She replied, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Selina." Bruce groaned. "You know that I did it for his own good."

Selina scratched her head as she sighed. "Yeah. I know, Bruce. It's just... I really warmed up to him. And I know he feels the same way." She revealed.

"He does. I noticed how disappointed he appeared when I was in the car with him. He missed you." Selina could hear the sympathy in his voice.

Selina placed her phone against her ear and between her shoulder to continue lying her laces. "Ah, poor kid." Selina paused. "Bruce, answer truthfully. Do you think I'm not capable of taking care of him?" She questioned sadly.