23) Tears

Dick waved goodbye to his friends as he hopped into the car. He was pleased to find Bruce behind the steering wheel.

"How are you, Dick?" Bruce questioned as he remained focused on the road.

"Good." Dick simply said.

Bruce chuckled. "Well, come on. Don't leave me hanging. How did your day go?"

Dick grinned. He was waiting for Bruce to ask that. He burst.

"Amazing! It was so much fun! I made lots friends and I learned so many new things!" Dick rambled ecstatically. His mouth made a large 'o' shape as he remembered something. "Oh! Oh! Bruce, did you know that a shark could smell blood from a mile away!?"

Bruce smiled. "Is that so?"

Dick jumped up. "Yep!"

"Wow, I didn't know that. It sure seems that you enjoyed yourself." Bruce stated. He glanced to the side. "Put on your seat belt." He reminded.

Dick wanted to continue talking about his day, but decided not to. Instead, he was going to ask Bruce about his day.

"Yep. So, um, Bruce. How was your day?" Dick asked curiously as he fastened his seat belt.

Bruce's eyebrows shot up. "My day?"

Dick hastily nodded. "Mhm!"

Bruce shrugged. "It was.. normal."

Dick's bright, wide eyes narrowed with disappointment. He subconsciously pouted a bit. "Oh. Okay." Dick had wanted a detailed explanation. Like, what does Bruce even do at his job?!

Another failed attempt.

Bruce seemed to notice to change in attitude. "I did the usual, some paper work. I had a meeting today, though. We spoke about our plans for technological advancements."

"Tech-techno what?" Dick questioned.

Bruce shook his head. "Don't worry about it. Anyways, after the meeting I checked to see in person if everything was going well at WayneTech. As expected, it was."

He wished his day had been as simple. He left out the part where he had gone on patrol last night and had gotten so occupied that he lost track of time, returning to the manor too late to see Dick.

Dick didn't appear upset by that, though. Instead he gave Bruce an intrigued look. "Wait. You have another company?!"

The billionaire raised an eyebrow. "No. Where did you get that from?"

Dick titled his head and stared at Bruce. "Wha- huh? Didn't you say your company was Wayne Enterprise? Now you're calling it WayneTech."

"Ohh. Okay, I understand where your confusion came from now." Bruce announced as he internally scolded himself for not explaining how his company works to Dick. "Wayne Enterprises is the name of my company, you're right. And within that large company are branches of other companies. One of which are WayneTech. Do you understand?"

In the side of his eye he caught Dick nod. "Woah, that's cool! I guess your company is bigger than I thought it was. How many 'branches' are there?"

Bruce gave a small smile. "I loose count sometimes. There's Wayne Shipping, Aerospace, Industries, Biotech, and- well, just know that there's more than you could use your fingers to count. Might have to use some of your toes, too."