48) The Hidden Riddles

This is Bruce.
If you tell anyone about our identities, we'll reveal all of your most secretive information in return.
Here is the link containing everything we have.
It can be shared to the public with a click of a button.
Https://drive.mw/privateB.SD.30OC

Dick felt his hands moisten with sweat while he waited for Bruce and Penguin to settle the problem. He peered over Bruce's shoulder as he, Bruce, and Selina sat on the living room couch at the manor, having just finished explaining everything that happened prior to now.

Ozzie 🐧

I did not intend on telling anyone about your identities as I am a man of integrity.

I understand the threat, however. I will not reveal your secrets as long as you do not reveal mine.

Ozzie 🐧 has blocked you

Dick flinched back as the bold letters flashed onto the screen. He stared at the words, familiar hurt that he knew he shouldn't be feeling settling in his chest. Then a large, childish pout appeared on his face, and Dick moaned, "aww, I wanted to be the one to block him! But he block me first!"

Bruce handed Dick the phone with a poker face while Selina laughed.

"Well, I'm glad that's over with. Oswald's a coward, he won't spill as long as we have that blackmail as a reminder," she said from besides them. "What is it that you're blackmailing him with, anyways?"

"Most of the blackmail was lists of crimes that could lead to other villains and criminals turning on him," Bruce explained. "The rest was information from Dick, actually. Dick knows where one of his home bases are, what his latest operations were, who he's been planning on allying with- basically a majority of his latest plans. Oswald shared a lot with Dick- more than he probably realized. In the end, everything we have over him is not worth leaking our identities for."

Dick suppressed a sigh. It was crazy to think that just earlier that day Penguin was calling him his friend, and then the next thing he knew, they were using each other's secrets against one another. He wished it hadn't come to this.

Bruce glanced at him worriedly. "You okay, buddy?"

Dick looked up at him and slowly nodded. Once he and Selina had come back to the manor, they waited until Bruce got back from work. The moment Bruce had walked through the threshold, Dick had burst into tears and came running towards the man in a hug. He explained everything and apologized and apologized until Bruce had to stop him and tell him it was okay.

Of course Bruce was upset, but... he was understanding about it, too. About being lied to, about their identities being revealed, about everything. Dick had expected it because... what could he say? It was Bruce. He could always trust Bruce. But when Dick actually let it sink in that he himself knew that Bruce would always be someone he could trust and count on and learn from... he burst into tears yet again.

The difference between him and Penguin was so great, and Dick was astounded that he hadn't seen it sooner. He was so grateful that he had Bruce to care for him. Ever since Bruce adopted him, he'd been through so much, and the man was always there. He might've been awkward at times, and not exactly the best at comforting, but he did his best and it truly did help Dick.

Dick had emotionally grown so much from his time with Bruce.

Noticing the far away look in the third grader's eyes, Bruce side hugged Dick and murmured, "it's all a learning process. I'm not mad; you know I'll always be on your side."