25) Odd Squad Pt.1

Gosh, that art is amazing^
Btw, when writing this, the chapter was getting too long so I decided to split it in parts. I couldn't really find a perfect spot to split it so the ending may seem awkward.

"Now, we have a lot of catching up to do, but first, do you know who Poison Ivy is?"

Dick blinked.

"Isn't that a plant?" Dick asked. "It gives you rashes and stuff."

Oswald looked at him through the rear view mirror. "No- well, yes, that's what poison ivy is, but I'm talking about the person. You clearly don't have much knowledge about the people that run around Gotham so I'll give you the basics."

"There's these people called metahumans. They have special abilities- you know- powers. Some of them choose to use these abilities for 'the greater good' and some do not. Either way, you've got to look out for both of them because they'll get in the way." He explained. "Anyways, Poison Ivy is one of those metahumans. Her powers consists of a type of plant manipulation. Basically, she can control plants and do a couple of other 'tricks' with them."

Dick gaped at him. "Wait, really? She has real life super powers? That's so cool!" He'd seen plenty of magic tricks from the circus, but he knew that none of it was real. If this Poison Ivy person really could do what Oswald was saying, he'd be thrilled.

Penguin scoffed. "Sure, until you realize that's she's just another one of the loons in this city. She's obsessed with plants and I'm quite sure she wants to overthrow humans with and for them. A dangerous woman indeed."

"Oh..." Dick commented dishearteningly. "So, uh, why did you mention her?"

Oswald tightened his tie and looked out the window. "Although she's trouble, she can also be useful at times. We planned to meet up to make a bargain. It shouldn't take long."

"Okay." Dick replied. He glanced out the window and noticed that wherever they were was surrounded with vegetation and any other buildings were miles away.

Soon they arrived at a small, wooden building with lights shining through its dusty windows. The driver turned the wheel and they parked along side two other cars. With a click, the car doors unlocked.

"We should return shortly," Penguin informed the driver as he began to climb out of the car. Dick noticed he brought a black umbrella with him, which was odd because it didn't look like it would rain. The man nodded in response.

Dick followed Oswald's lead. As they crossed the street, he held back a mumble about how Oswald should always look both ways before crossing.

Bells jingled when the door to the rather small structure was opened. There were some people sitting in groups talking and drinking while others were alone on a bar stool enjoying a glass. A melody of a song Dick had never heard before was playing as well. The faint smell of alcohol could be smelled from every direction.

"Stay close," Oswald muttered. "I want to you to watch and learn."

Huh?

Dick didn't get to ask any questions because Oswald began striding towards people at a table off in the corner. Dick, who was behind the man, craned his neck to the side to catch a glimpse of who he was meeting up with. He saw a woman who was sitting on a chair and a man standing next to her, leaning against the wall.

Dick stared, his mouth agape. The lady was stunning and was definitely unlike anyone he'd ever seen before. Her skin was colored a light, plant-like green and had a few stray vines crawling around her arms and legs while her long hair was a fiery red. She wore a green strapless one piece outfit that was embedded with- yes, you guessed it- plants.