31) Memories

Hey, I got the idea of baking cookies from Robin_Kid 's Alfred and Dick oneshot in their story Just Robin Oneshots Part 2. Check out their content, it's great!

After Dick finished all his homework, he caught up with his messages.

Turns out he forgot to text Oswald when he got home safely. Oswald spammed him with 18 missed calls and a whole lot of text messages. Dick immediately blurted a thousand apologies and had to be stopped by Oswald, who forgave him. He claimed that, "I wasn't all that worried, I was just irritated that I was being ignored."

Dick also received text from Selina, surprisingly.

Selina:

Hey, Dick. What's up? How was your first day
of school?

Dick replied with:

It was interesting.. I still have a lot to figure out I guess

He didn't know why he didn't tell her what happened. Maybe it was because he wasn't upset anymore so there was no point, but it could have been because Dick just wanted to sound mysterious.

Dick spent the rest of the day doing small, unimportant things to pass the time. He doodled in his notebook, jumped on his bed, tried to spy on Alfred ( who caught him almost instantly), cartwheeled from one room to another, and even helped Alfred cook lunch and dinner.

After dinner, he and Alfred made cookies. Dick was given the responsibility of stirring the mix. He completed the task by stirring like he'd never stirred before. Alfred chuckled at the determination in the boy's eyes to make the perfect cookies.

As the cookies baked in the oven, Dick moaned. "It smells so good! When is it gonna be ready?"

Alfred checked the timer. "25 more minutes."

"Ughhhh!" Dick complained as he threw his arms over the countertop and thudded his head onto its cold surface. "I don't think I can wait that long!"

Alfred patted his shoulder. "I'm sure you can. I assure you, the wait will be worth the taste."

"Mm.." Dick grumbled. "Okay.."

To pass the time Dick just flipped through the channels and hoped something good on TV. (Try to get the reference challenge lol)

"I choose you, Pikachu!"

Dick pushed the channel button.

"What are you doing? Don't walk on my roof!"

Yawn, next.

"Ah, my leg!"

Um..

"HaHA! I am the Box Ghost! You can not hold me within the confines of a cylindrical container!"

Dick decided to prove him wrong by changing the channel.

At last, Dick decided on Wild Kratts and watched the show until he heard the ring of the timer. He jumped from the couch. "It's ready!"