29) Superman!

Dick woke up refreshed and carefree. He slept great last night, and didn't get a single nightmare! That was a win if you asked him. That's the main reason why he was in a pretty good mood that morning.

Bruce was nowhere to be seen, meaning he left to go to work. Alfred greeted him good morning and made pancakes. He even added blueberries to them, just for Dick.

After that, though, he didn't know what to do. He was bored, but he had so much energy!

"So, Alfred, what are your plans for the day?" Dick questioned as he sat upside down on the leather couch, his legs and bare feet propped on the backrest. Dick giggled at how it looked like the butler was defying gravity.

That gave the child a crazy thought. What if Alfred had super powers- Like Ivy- but Bruce and Alfred didn't tell Dick because they were worried he'd tell the world? After all, how else could one man keep the whole manor as shiny and perfect as Alfred did? How could a person without powers cook a meal as wonderful as his?

"I am simply going to tidy up the manor." Alfred explained casually in his familiar accent, "Afterwards, I planned on visiting the study and enjoying a good book with a cup of tea. Why do you ask?"

Dick turned himself upright before he became dizzy. "Um, no reason. I was just wondering."

Alfred searched through a nearby cabinet and grabbed a feather duster. "Well, should you need my assistance for anything at all, do call out for me. Perhaps you'd like to join me at the study when I'm finished?"

Dick smiled and nodded enthusiastically. He wasn't into books all that much, but it could help him learn more vocabulary words. Also, spending time with the old man seemed pleasant.

Alfred began to walk away, but Dick still needed to ask him something. "Wait, Alfred!" He exclaimed as he jumped to his feet and ran up to him. Alfred watched him curiously.

"Umm... I- uh.. you're very skilled." Dick started off.

The butler smiled with a raised brow, "Is that so?"

"Yep." Dick confirmed.

"Well, thank you, Master Richard. I think you're very skilled as well." Alfred played along.

"Call me Dick," said boy insisted.

"If you say so, Master Dick." Alfred complied.

"Anyways," Dick drawled while shifting the weight on his feet, "You're almost too skilled.."

He waited for any sign of nervousness, but received none. Alfred merely smiled at him kindly and waited for Dick to reveal his intentions.

Dick's voice dropped down lower, almost to a whisper. "You know you can tell me. I promise I won't tell anyone. I won't even tell Bruce you told me if you want!"

Alfred was very curious indeed. A sliver of suspicion arose, however. Could it be that Richard is referring to Batman..?

"I would appreciate it if you'd tell me what exactly you'd like me to tell you, Master Dick." Alfred stated.

Ooh, he's good, Dick thought.