79

Lucy's pov

As I walked up to the front door of my parents house I heard faint cries. I didn't know where they were coming from, though I knew it was my pa. He had a distinct cry that you always paid attention to because you know you aren't meant to hear it. I knocked onto the door and the crying stopped and a moment later pa was at the door, his bubbly self again.

"Hey, how are you Lucy? Come in!" His voice beamed. I obliged. I sat down on the sofa and pa joined me.

" you know I heard you, right? What's going on? " I said after a short silence.

"You did? Oh, okay. Well, remember a few years back when I was stabbed?" He stated. What is he on about? I nodded my head.

" Well, the person who did it, chris, he found us again and is trying to mess with our lives again. But now I know the reason why he's doing all of this and I just deserve it... " he said, hiding his tears with his hands.

"Come on! How do you deserve it? You are amazing!" I started.

"You don't know him, but I know you know the story of PJ, right?" I nodded. " Well, apparently he was in love with me. Apparently every time I was with him I was ripping his heart apart because he wanted me to be his. And I just didn't see it. When me and PJ  got into that car crash he was taking me to a park where he was going to ask me out. I just wish that the crash never happened, I want my best friend back. But if I didn't get into that crash I wouldn't have you, or your dad, or Dylan or Evan or Sarah now or that little pumpkin of yours I just wish I could have both, you know? "

I held him in my arms. "I get it. I sometimes wish I still had my mum and that I knew my sister and nan sooner. Though, if she hadn't of died I wouldn't have you. and I love you so much!"

The door opened.

Pa looked scared.

Then he didn't.

It was my dad and Evan.

My new brother, that's fun.