63

Dan's POV *time jump 7 years-sorry bout it being so long of a gap*

Ben had just gone home and I couldn't help but notice Phil's moment of sadness.

"Philly, what's wrong?" I asked as I walked up to him and placed my hand in his face.

" it's stupid" he sniffled.

"Tell me, I won't bite, you know that... You wanna sit down and talk about it?"

" Sure"

We both sat at the table and I held his hand.

"Tell me what's bothering you..."

He sighed. "Its just... I feel like I don't have a proper kid, you know... Like I've got Lucy and she's amazing and we kinda have Dylan but legally Lucy isn't even mine, we don't have a kid together in that sense. You get me?"

" yeah, do you want another kid?"

"Kinda"

I sighed. "Okay then... How do you want to do this?"

" How can we do it? "

"We could adopt or we could get a surrogate and use your sperm or something"

" do you want to adopt? "

"Yeah sure, as long as I'm with you in happy doing anything"

He smiled at me.

"I love you, you know"

"I love you too and I'd be a bit worried if you didn't at this point"

Then he kissed me. It wasn't long. It wasn't short but it lingered on my lips as it was so full I love. This man is my world.

*time skip to Dan at work*

There was a new kid in. We didn't really get many kids in here, especially younger ones. His house was broken into and his family were brutally murdered and he had to watch it all. He got stabbed up a few times and he broke and arm but someone found them all and he was rushed in. He would be okay physically but not mentally for sure. No one could go through that without being damaged.

His name was Evan. He seemed to like me because i brought him a KitKat from the shop. He didn't speak at all. I knew he had the ability but he was so messed up after all of this he was selectively mute.

He also had no other family to go to do he was being put up for adoption. I had been speaking to the social worker about me and Phil adopting him so she gave us forms to fill out that I would need filling out by the end of the day.

*messages between Dan and Phil*

Dan: hey there's a kid up for adoption in my unit and I have forms that need filling in at the end of the day. Come here during my lunch break to fill them in with me xxx

Phil: oh okay, what's he called?? Xxx

Dan: Evan

Phil: what's up with him?? Like why is he in your unit?

Dan: he got stabbed up and got a broken arm. His family were murdered and he had to watch it so he's a mute :(

Phil: oh okay, we will  help him through it, it is out jobs as parents and also my actual job x

Dan: yeah x

Phil: when can I meet him? Xx

Dan: today if you want xx