38

Lucy's POV

I didn't really like school that much but daddy and papa always seem so happy when I tell them that I did so that's what I tell them.

Honestly, everyone is mean to me, apart from Dylan. Dylan has been my best friend since forever.

None of the other kids go near me because I'm a freak who lives with freaks apparently. Dylan says that I'm cool though so I don't know who to believe. The kids are mean to him too, the boys hit him because he's friends with me. People make fun of him because he must have caught the 'gayness' off me who got it from my parents. I don't know if I'm gay, I don't know if I'm straight I just want to be me for a while.

I didn't understand why all the kids were mean to me two years ago but all the boys found out about something, called sex, and have told me it's not normal because I don't have a mum and I have two dads. I guess it's what their parents tell them.

The good thing is I always win at tig because everyone avoids me.

Me and Dylan were sat in the canteen eating our lunch that tasted like play-dough, we actually ate some play-dough once to see if it did (and it did). We were talking about having a sleepover at my house.

"We can build dens and play loads of games!" Dylan said excitedly.

Even though we had been best friends for ages he had never stayed at my house. Papa said that no one could stay over until I was seven and I was now seven so I was taking advantage of it.

"Yeah! I'm gonna message my papa because he lets me do whatever" I laughed.

To papa: from Lucy:Papa, can Dylan stay over tonight?? Xxx

To Lucy:from papa: Okay, but he needs permission, hope you are having a nice time sweetie xx

"You are allowed!!" I shouted; he cheered. We both started laughing like lunatics.

"What's up losers!" A boy said as he threw a ball of mash at me. It all got in my hair!

I just ignored them. So did Dylan but we just sat there in silence until they all left. I started to cry. I never usually cried but I had just had enough and I couldn't help it.

A teacher came over to us. "What's the matter" she said to me.

"Everyone is mean" I said between snuffles.

"Do you want me to ring your mum?" It was quite clear this woman didn't know who I was.

"I don't have a mum..." I said with my head down, I wasn't ashamed but I felt I should be because everyone was mean to me about it.

"So do you just live with your dad then?" She asked smiling at me.

"I live with my daddy Dan and papa Phil" I replied.

"Oh...right... well... would you like me to call one of them? Which one do you think will be less busy?"

"Probably papa Phil, I think he's out of his meeting with the council." I sniffled again.

"Okay, come with me... do you want your friend with you?" I nodded and we walked to the main reception where me and Dylan sat on the sofa.

I didn't want them to know, they were so happy... but what could I do now?

"You okay?" Dylan asked.

"Yeah, I'm good" I laughed slightly.

He hugged me. "It's good that you are good" then he let go. He got his drawing book out of his bag, we had come up with a bunch o characters and we always make up stories with them and add new characters. It was one of my favourite things to do.

"Should we add a new character?" I asked.

"Okay... think of an animal... mine is a rabbit" he smiled.

"A unicorn!" I laughed.

"Great, a unicorn rabbit" he laughed.

He began to draw this new creature. It was absolutely hilarious. We spent a good half an hour drawing this and then my papa walked into reception and gave me a hug.

"Why didn't you tell me?"  He said, sounding like he was about to cry.

"You were happy when I said I liked school, I didn't want to make you upset" I replied.

He released me from his hug. "You wouldn't make me upset..."

"Sorry I didn't tell you... but this is Dylan, he's been my best and only friend for ages, he always sticks up for me but now everyone is mean to him too. Oh and I have mash in my hair,  someone threw it at me..."

"Don't be silly... and I guess you need a bath tonight" he laughed, "So is Dylan still staying at ours then?" He smiled at Dylan. I nodded.

Then the school bell went, signalling the end of the day.

"Shall we go?" He asked.

"Okay, come on Dylan! Race you!" I said as I started running to the car.

Dylan started to run and followed me. "This isn't fair, I don't know what your car looks like!"

"Guess I will win then" I laughed back at him.

Papa just laughed at us both.