11

Dan's POV

Why today luce? Why? I had 0 sleep last night because she lost her teddy and I can't find it anywhere.

Screaming.

All night.

For. A. Teddy.

I don't understand where she put it. We haven't been anywhere.

Wait.

Phil's room.

Oh god!

I left it on the side in his room. Speaking of Phil I needed to sort out where he will stay. I have a spare room, though it is bigger than mine, with a bed and drawers as well as a built in wardrobe. I just needed to make the bed. I only had two quilt covers and he is not having my sacred black and grey checkered duvet no matter how attractive he is, but he can have the green one.

*time jump*

The hospital was quite busy today, much to my disappointment. On days where there were few patients I was allowed a break where I would have a power nap, but no sleep for me today I guess. It also meant I couldn't spend extra time caring for Phil, I still get to do that but not as much as I'd want to. My last job on my checklist was to discharge the little sunshine that is Phil. Thank god I didn't say that out loud! I am not out here and I will not be outed by calling a patient a little sunshine.

But.

Technically...

In about an hour he won't be a patient and it would be completely legal and allowed if anything should happen.

Not that I think it will... I'm a rat and well... he's the most attractive man I've ever laid my eyes on, even with the cuts and bruises all over him.

Before I knew it I was at the door of Phil's 5 star room, humour, well attempted humour. Okay now that's just sad and the product of no sleep. I love my child but why do children not sleep?! Like ever?

I opened the door slightly to see Phil sat on his bed listening to music. so I closed the door quietly and sat on a chair and listened with him. His eyes were closed and so he couldn't see me. My heart will go on by Celine Dion was gliding around the room. Then, Phil began to sing...

"Every night in my dreams
I see you
I feel you
That is how I know you go on" 

His voice was so beautiful. So I joined him with the singing.

"Far across the distance"
Phil smiled widely, but kept his eyes closed on kept on singing,
"And spaces
Between us
You have come to show you go on

Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart
And my heart will go on and on

Love can touch us one time
And last for a lifetime
And never let go till we're gone

Love was when I loved you
One true time I hold to
In my life we'll always go on

Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on

Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart
And my heart will go on and on

You're here, there's nothing I fear
And I know that my heart will go on
We'll stay forever this way
You are safe in my heart and
My heart will go on and on"

The music faded out and Phil opened his eyes and looked around the room in attempt to find the other person in the room, which happened to be me. When he say me he smiled again but blushed slightly.

"Phil, you have a great voice..."

Phil blushed even harder, "thank you" he replied.

"Anyway..." I stood up and walked towards Phil's hospital bed, "I'm here to discharge you, so I need to ask you how you are doing"

"Oh, yeah I'm fine" Phil smiled.

"Okay... so I'll fill this out and sign it, while you get ready to leave, then I'll sign myself out then come back in for you..."

"Okay. Thank you... when do you pick Lucy up?" Phil asked.

"Oh... Urm... whenever really, it's up to you..." I replied while filling the forms in.

"I'd be fine with as soon as possible... she's a cutie"  Phil giggled, " and I know where she gets it from"  Phil winked.

I laughed. "Okay then, I've finished the forms, we'll pick up Lucy after I come back for you? That okay?"

"Perfect"