16

Phil's POV

I don't know why I did that but all I can say is that was fun...

I got myself changed into a pair of black skinny jeans and a blue nyan cat top and went downstairs. I heard Dan in the kitchen so I walked to the doorway slowly and stood at the doorframe, watching Dan dance around in his kitchen with the radio on while he was cooking what I assumed to be breakfast.

I smiled at the unknowing Dan prancing about his white marble themed kitchen.

"you should become famous and go on strictly" I said and Dan jumped backwards in shock at the sound on my voice and knocked a plastic bowl off the side. It was empty thankfully.

"You need to stop doing that" Dan replied laughing.

"Anyway, what you doing?" I asked.

" making us breakfast... "

"Thank you for the fine gesture, as long as it's better than hospital food it's a win" I laughed.

"Trust me, as much as that place serves its purpose i know it's a horrible place to be trapped in and the food is awful, I probably shouldn't tell you this but all the other doctors hate me" Dan replied.

" I couldn't see why... you are a great guy"

"Thanks, but I guess it's my own fault really, well half of it is, they all thought I was idiotic to do the drinking thing I told you about before, said I wasn't being professional or something, then when I got given Lucy, they all thought I was too irresponsible to be a proper doctor, even though in my six years of working there I've only lost one patient but they had lost too many to count because they took their personal preferences of doing something rather than letting someone else live, it's idiotic quite frankly"

"So PJ was your first then" I winked and he blushed. I knew peej would be proud of me for that. Dan didn't know what to say. "Look, I know he's ... gone now, but I know he would want me to keep on with my life, and he always said I should try being more sexually outgoing and look where I am now" I laughed, "what I'm saying is, don't get caught up about it, I know it must be a challenging job at times but you saved so many people, just remember that" I smiled.

Lucy started crying upstairs and Dan moved to go and get her.

"Why don't I go?" I suggested as he was still cooking.

" you sure" he asked walking back to where he was stood.

I nodded my head. As I walked out of the kitchen to get Lucy I heard Dan shout me, "Phil, wait!" I turned around to look at him, " you know before when you were talking about never having a kid... Well, what I'm asking is... Would you want the be the second parent to Lucy, you both deserve it, and maybe something will happen between us at some point"

Did I hear that right? He asked me to be the second dad to his daughter... That would be amazing. And he said he hopes something will happen between us... This is crazy!

I smile, "are you serious?"

" 100%" he replies.

"Well in that case I accept that, I would love to be a second dad to her... And why wait for some point, it would be easier to explain to people if we were together anyway, what do you say?"

" I would be more than happy to be in a relationship with you Phil" he smiled and I smiled back and walked out the room.