3

Phil's POV

Beep

Beep

Beep

A bright light seeped through my closed eyelids. As they fluttered open I saw a plain white wall.

Even though I could not see clearly, due to my lack of glasses, I could hear what was going on around me. I heard a mans soft voice whispering something to someone else, so I turned around to look at him.

As soon as I did so, the blurred man walked over to the bed and said, "sir, do you know what your name is?"
Yes I did.

"Phil..." I muttered with a rested voice, obvious that I had not spoken in a while. "Urm, sorry to bother you, but do you have my glasses?"
I heard a shuffle and suddenly I felt the mans hand open my own and place my glasses in my hand.

"Here you go..."

"Thanks!"

"Okay, Phil, just to be sure that you still have your memory in tact, we will need to ask a few questions, is that okay?"

"Yes, that's fine..."

"Can you give your full name?"

"Philip Michael Lester"

"Do you have any siblings?"

"Yes, I have a brother"

"Do you recall why you are in the hospital?"

The thought hit me like a bus... PJ. Is he okay?

"Yeah" I replied with a small whimper in my tone.

The brown haired man sat in a chair next to me and hugged me slightly, cautious of all of the bandaged areas.
" hey, Phil, breathe in with me, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, and out 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11, and again..." and he repeated his counting.

When I calmed down from the thoughts of the bloody car and PJ's face being almost unrecognisable I asked the brown haired man in front of me about PJ, "my friend, is he okay?"

I heard the man take in a deep breath.
"I'm sorry, I wasn't able to save him in time..." he sounded so hurt, in so much guilt with himself. I just burst into tears and pulled him closer. I didn't care that it made my limbs pulsate and sting, it hurt more than I could ever explain on the inside. My best friend, my only friend, was dead. I would never see his face again, never see his smile, never beat him at Mario kart again... he will never do anything again.

"Thank you for trying... I don't know how must it must hurt you to loose a patient, but there isn't anything you could do okay?"
We were still embracing eachother, but he just whimpered out, "I tried so hard, but I'm sorry I didn't save him for you, so, so sorry..."
we stayed there for a few more minutes. As I pulled away, I asked what his name was.

"Dan" he replied, a small smile now infiltrating his face, with a dimple on his cheek.

"So, are you my full time doctor then?"

I really hoped he was.

"If you want me to be..."

"I would like that..."

Phil smiles at Dan. As the hospital tannoid calls for 'doctor Howell' Dan stands up to hear them say that he needs to get to the hospital nursery as soon as possible.

Dan turns to Phil. " I need to go and get my daughter, but I need to make sure you are okay, would you be alright if I brought her here?"

"Oh my god yes, I love kids!"

" I don't think you would say that with one screaming all night no matter what you do" Dan joked, " I'll be back in a few minutes"

And with that he left the room and I blushed slightly. Why?!