15

Dan's POV
I woke up in my living room with a bright light shining through the curtains.

Why am I in the living room?

And where the hell is Lucy?

I sit up and look around, this is strange, I feel fully energised for the first time in about... I don't even know at this point.

I saw a note on the table in front of me. I picked it up and read it.

' Goodnight Dan :) I've fed Lucy and got her to sleep, I hope you don't mind. I would carry you to bed but I don't want to wake you, thanks for letting me stay here again <3 love Phil (your fave ex patient) x '

I found myself trying to picture him carrying me up the stairs. This was hilarious but also really sweet.

Other than that it made me feel more relaxed about Lucy, but I still wanted to check on her to see if she is okay.

As I started walking up the stairs I started to hear the run of the shower. Phil must be in the shower then. I got to the top of the stairs and heard the shower turn off. I kept on walking to Lucy's room, which didn't have a door for a good purpose of not waking the child up when you close it, and stopped at the doorway. I saw her lay peacefully in her bed, sleeping. I just stayed there, knowing I wouldn't be able to see this in a while.

I heard the bathroom door creak open and footsteps coming up behind me. I knew it was Phil, so I didn't panic and karate chop him, which I would usually do had it been anyone else.

He stopped behind me and must have been looking at Lucy as well.

"Thank you for last night Phil"

"For what?" Phil questioned.

"Letting me sleep" I laughed, " and getting her to sleep, she needed it..."

"Oh, that's fine, it was fun, and you looked adorable sleeping so I didn't want to disturb you"  Phil stepped closer to me. "I had fun, you know, getting her to sleep, but it just reminded me that I'm probably never gonna have one of my own and I've always wanted one, you know?"

"Kinda... to be fully honest I didn't really want a kid, maybe it was because I never wanted to share that parental bond with anyone but since the night she was left on my doorstep I couldn't picture my life without her, I don't know where I'd be now, probably in a bar somewhere trying to drink away the fact that I'm gay and I'm most likely going to be single forever, probably still am to be fair, but I've stopped all that because she needs me, and not many people want to start any type of relationship with someone with a kid... it just gets lonely... sorry"  I said, slightly embarrassed from sharing so much.

Then Phil came up behind me closer and wrapped his arms around my waist. " I'm sorry you haven't found anyone yet, but you will, you are a good guy. Pj, my friend never had that problem, all the boys were all over him, I was always single though, I didn't really want to go out to a random club and hook up with someone, no offence." Phil laughed, "pj always talked about how he wanted a proper family some day but he would hire me as his maid so I didn't have to move out... you know I think he would like you. He'd probably complain about me talking about you if we were still at home together because on the rare occasion I stared to get a bit of a crush he would be the first person to know."

"Oh, so you have a crush on me now?"  I smile even though he couldn't see me.

"Definitely, when did I not?" He put his chin on my shoulder and I realised he only had a towel round his waist and I blushed.

"Doctor, you must get that red blemish on your cheeks checked out, or are you just blushing?" Phil whispered in my ear.

Jesus Christ this man. This amazing, beautiful and seductive man.

"My restraints will just stop holding me back if you carry that on..." I whispered.

"Then I'll persist to break them down then, as long as it takes..." he said close to my ear but with his lips against my neck. Normally I hate anyone being near my neck, but with Phil, I loved it.  I smiled as he left a light kiss on my neck. He repeated doing this until i turned around and pressed my lips into his. He smiled as I pulled away.

"What took you so long?" He giggled.

"Just seeing how far you would go to try and get me to do it... plus I wanted as much of that as possible"

"There is more of that any time you want it, you know where I am doctor..." and with that Phil walked away to his room and closed the door slightly. He stuck his head around the door, " as much as I know you would love to, no peaking..." and then he winked at me before closing his door again, this time fully.

Jesus that man. Why is he doing this to me? Sure I'm enjoying it but that's besides the point. The thought of what had just happened made me smile as I walked back downstairs and I started cooking a full English breakfast for me and Phil.