41

*what I imagine Lucy to look like now*

Dan's POV

Phil and I have been married for five years now. Lucy was in her first year of college.

I was cooking dinner in the kitchen when Lucy walked in and sat on the stool in front of me.

"Hiya Daddy..." Lucy said.

"What do you want now?" I laughed.

"Can I go to Rebekkah's party?"

"Why do you want to go to this party?" I asked.

"Well Dylan wants to go because the person he likes is going and I need to be his wing woman" she laughed.

"As long as you don't get drunk out of your head you can go, okay?"

"Okay, thanks dad... oh and where's pa?" She questioned.

"I think he was outside" I answered.

"Okay thanks, I'll be back in a minute"

And she walked out of the room and I heard the front door close a moment after. Then I heard her scream.

Lucy's POV

I can't believe I'm allowed to go to this party. It would be great. I wanted to go and tell pa because I was excited.

"Okay, thanks dad... oh and where's pa?" I asked. I hadn't seen him in a while.

"I think he was outside" he answered.

"Okay thanks, I'll be back in a minute" and I left the room and went outside. I looked round the corner to see pa on the floor. 

I ran up to him and tried to wake him up. I thought it was one of his passing out things. I was wrong. There was a pool of blood around him and a bloody knife next to him. I screamed.

Dad ran outside and came up behind me. He obviously couldn't see pa because of me.

"What's up Luce?" He asked calmly.

"Pa... Dad come here... phone an ambulance" I cried.

He walked closer to me and he must of saw him.

"Oh my god..." he cried. He leant over Pa and put his hand on his face. He was crying so much and so was I.

Dad checked for a pulse. "Shit! Phil...please breathe...please..." he cried more. He started to do CPR on him.

"Call an ambulance someone...please" Dad called out to the mass of neighbours that had gathered round to see what had happened.

Five minutes later the ambulance arrived. Dad was still crying as pa was lifted onto the stretcher. So was I. Dad got in the ambulance and I went inside to get our phones and then I locked the door and got in the ambulance.

The journey I had travelled so many times seemed so much longer than usual. My pa lay there with an oxygen mask on and my dad holding a bandage or something over his bleeding abdomen. He was still crying. I was still crying. Pa kept on waking up and passing out again. He opened his eyes again.