37

Dan's POV

We got Lucy up and ready and set off for her school, we had a parents meeting today. Phil was dressed in a blue suit as after the meeting he had to go and talk to the council about funding for his charity for those being abused and those who have been abused in the past. I think the whole thing had helped Phil move on more from what happened when he was younger. I was in my doctors uniform as I had work after the meeting.

We took Lucy to her school where she hugged us both and ran inside.

We walked into the main reception and signed in, waiting to be called into the meeting with the rest of the parents around us, some of which staying as far away from me and Phil as possible. I found this completely idiotic but Phil said to leave it, so I did.

"Could all parents follow me to the hall please" a woman said and turned around. All the parents, including us, stood up and followed her to the hall.

There were chairs in rows so we all found a seat. When everyone was sat down, the headteacher walked in front of the microphone which was at the front of the hall.

"Hello, thank you for coming. You are most likely wondering why we are all here today, and we will get to that shortly. As we all know your children are growing up quickly and becoming curious of how children are made. Now is the time we feel the need to teach them about 'sex education'. As well as asking permission from you all as parents we would also like to put together the curriculum that we teach them with."

Then she got interrupted by a man that was sat behind me and Phil. "Why are them two here then?" He said with a disgusted tone.

Then something I didn't expect to happen happened. Phil stood up and turned to the man. "Our daughter was conceived by my partner and a woman before we even met, and we are still parents, we have every reason to be here" and he sat down again.

Phil took a deep breath. "Are... are you okay?" I asked.

"If you would have asked six and a half years ago it would be no but I'm fine" Phil replied as he held my hand again.