8

Dan's POV
Phil...
That flawless raven haired man...
How could I possibly tell him this?
He needs to know but if I tell him and it causes heavy emotion he will pass out again...
You see, this is something I've never seen other than in my university course in my first year...
A piece of his skull has been broken up, quite a large shard of bone, and lodged into a section of the brain where emotions are wired up... its complicated...
But miraculously the skull has reformed but the broken piece is still there, just stuck in his brain. It's quite lucky it hasn't moved because it would cause a major bleed and well, it wouldn't be pretty and so we wouldn't be able to remove it...
He must know something is wrong, but then again how would he?

Phil's POV

My Doctor, Daniel J Howell, was stood at the end of my bed looking as if he was deep in thought. I'm sure there isn't any reason.

Wait... Didn't he go home with his daughter? why is he here again?

I mean I'm not complaining I get to see his face so it's a win!

I wonder what the J stands for? Joseph? John?

"Mr Lester, may I have a word with you?" Dan's voice said calmly. His voice was so soft...

Wait, no... Mr Lester... I hate that name. Technically it's my name but it reminds me of my father. I can't think about what he did to me... Not now...

" yes, of course, but please call me Phil, I can't stand Mr Lester... " I smiled at Dan, hoping for one back. His smile was so adorable and his dimples made it even better... and then he smiled back at me. "Of course, Phil, now... Have you ever had a head injury in your lifetime?"

" Yes... But I was fourteen at the time... How did you know? "

" we had to do an emergency scan because you passed out. Do you remember passing out? "

"Slightly " I replied slowly .

"Were you, would you say, of high emotion before you passed out?"

I sighed " yes... "