Ghosts

You were always an awkward duckling. Especially when you started something new, this instance being college. Stanford was a very nice school and the last thing you wanted to do was make a fool of yourself on your first day. You were walking to your third class of the day when you glanced at you phone, checking the time. You gasped when you saw you had better walk faster or you would be late. You hated being late, you had found your first two classes fine but this class had been a pain even when you took your tour a couple weeks ago. Rushing to class, you weren't paying attention and tripped over someone's foot. This sent you careening into a body. You helped as you crashed and you both fell to the floor.
You immediately tried to get up and apologize to whomever you had just pushed into the concrete. The body also got up when you had and turned to look at you. "Jess?" The person asked. You were confused and it must have shown on your face as the person took a step back from you. "Oh I'm sorry. I thought you were someone else." The look of sadness on their face was almost heartbreaking. You had to catch yourself before trying to hug him, a bad habit of yours. "I'm sorry but my name is Y/N. What's yours?" You pushed your shoes against one another as you waited, "Sam." He didn't seem to want to talk any further so you started to walk in you hoped was the right direction for class. "Lecture hall is actually back this way." You turned back to seem Sam pointing in the opposite direction. You let a quiet moan. "Thanks." You gently smiled and began walking in the direction he pointed but abruptly stopped. "Wait, how did you know where I was going." He smiled and handed you the schedule you had dropped in the crash. "Oh." You felt so foolish that you quickly grabbed it and continued walking.
You heard footsteps beside and looked over your shoulder to see Sam. You raised an eyebrow. "I thought I might has well walk you that way you don't get lost." You smiled as you laughed. "Thanks." You both walked to the lecture and made it no time. You stopped outside not caring if you were this one time. You would blame it on being too new to know where everything was just yet. You said as much to Sam who laughed as you smirked. "Maybe I'll see you later?" He leaned against the door frame and just looked at you. "Maybe." Then he took his weight back from the door and walked away. "That was weird." You mumbled to yourself. You sheepishly slunk into the hall, the professor smiling warmly at you. However you mind was on Sam and who this Jess person was that you resembled so much. Maybe that's why he seemed to want to leave so quickly.