Snuggle Buddy

The hunt was brutal and all Dean wanted to do was take a shower and go to bed. But as he and Sammy drove back to the bunker, his mind floated back to you, the girl of his dreams. With your gorgeous e/c eyes and insanely soft h/c hair, who wouldn't fall in love with you. Dean was so glad that you stayed back, he knew you were safe and sound in the protected walls of the bunker. He couldn't wait to see your smiling face in the morning.

   The shower was steaming just the way he liked it. Bidding a gruff goodnight to Sammy, Dean set off to his comfortable bed and a long sleep. Instead of his expected empty bed, a figure lay sprawled out on it. Dean crept closer, hand poised on his firearm. He got to the edge of his bed, when he realized the figure was you, all cuddled up in his bed, your face smushed into a pillow of his. Your hair was flared out and you had somehow cocooned yourself with millions of blankets from who knows where. Chuckling, he moved to wake you up. Dean lightly shook your shoulder. "Hey sleepyhead. What are ya doing?" he spoke softly. You groaned lowly and groggily fluttered your crusty e/cs. 

    "Dean?" you sleepily questioned him. Once you recognized his soft smile and glowing green eyes, you shot up. "Dean! You're home. Everything go okay?" His smile grew a little bigger at your reaction to him. "Yeah everything's fine. What I wanna know is: why are you in here?" Dean curiously asked. You fumbled with your slender fingers and stared at the comforter. "Well...I had a nightmare and being in your room helped because I knew that you would be home soon. I couldn't stand the loneliness Dean." you mumbled, looking up with scared eyes. Dean sat down with you in his bed, bringing you close to his body. "Awe ___. It's okay, I don't mind you being in here. I was just worried. Why don't you sleep in here tonight? I won't let anything hurt you, dream or not." you beamed with relief at him, and he decided then and there, he would do whatever it took to see that smile. 

    Dean laid down first and you followed suit. Dean felt you cautiously inch closer to his side. Wrapping a muscular arm around your petite waist, he pulled you to him. "This okay?" he asked into your hair. He, in no way, wanted to push your limits. He couldn't see your blush, but he could feel on his neck. "Yeah, this is kinda nice actually." you shyly muttered. Dean couldn't contain his smile of pure happiness. 

  It wasn't long until you had fallen fast asleep again. Light snores and inaudible mutterings were spilling past your lips.  Looking down at your peaceful face, Dean let go of his apprehension and let himself feel the love he's been trying to repress for ages. "I love you." he uttered the three magical words into your hair. Subconsciously, you nudged your face into his neck. Smiling to himself, he made a promise to tell you those words that would set him free, then trap him in a cage of feelings he never wanted to break out of.