Pupper

Saturdays are the best days, especially when adoption fees are half priced. You were impatiently waiting for your boyfriend to get his butt moving. "All the cute dogs are gonna be gone by the time we get there Rapunzel!" you teasingly yelled to Sam. You heard his chuckle float from to bathroom to your upside down position on the bed. He strolled out and extended his hand to you. "Alright, let's go." You rolled over and stood up, grabbed Sam's hand and lugged him to the garage. "Bye Dean!" You yelled over your shoulder, wanting to leave and go get your new friend.

    You and Sam walked through to pound doors and the smell of bleach and wet dog hit your face. A sigh of happiness left your lungs and Sam sent a grin your way. A friendly looking women came over to the both of you and asked "Can I help you two?" You took the initiative and spoke first. "Yes ma'am. We're looking for a puppy." The woman smiled and pointed you toward the correct hall. You grabbed Sam's hand, almost bursting with excitement that you got to share this moment with him. 

   The room was full of barks, yelps, and whimpers. You walked by each cage, looking for that one that just grabs your heart. You were so caught up in the doggies, you missed Sam standing by the door, just watching you with love-filled eyes. Passing by each pup, none melted your heart. You were about to give up and go back home, until you heard one little whimper that stood out from the rest. You followed the noise, Sam behind once he noticed your eyes change. The noise led you to a fluffy little ball of fur. "Oh my god, Sam! She's perfect!" You cooed as you gently stroked his fur with your finger. Sam held on to you from behind, brushing back the hair from your neck. With his head on your shoulder, he examined the little corgie. "She is pretty cute. Think she's the one?" You nodded enthusiastically. Sam went to find the woman as you continued to play with the cutie. She came to the cage and unlocked it. The baby jumped into your arms automatically. You squealed at the surprise and the joy she brought you. Sam led you to the desk so you both could pay and take her home. "Let's go girls." He smiled at you. 

  You got in the front seat and sit the puppy in the back, that didn't last long as she started to whine and whimper.  Sam chuckled at the noise and smiled at you. "She loves you already. What should we call her?" You got her situated in your lap and thought. "How about Lizzy?" Sam looked down at her then looked back up at you. "It's perfect. I love you sweetheart." You leaned over and sweetly kissed him. "I love you too." Thus opened so much more love than you knew what to do with.