nous ne devrions pas || we shouldnt

A dream about someone I shouldn't have a dream about. This is what I have waited six months for.

The setting is an enclosed school somewhere that isn't Australia. All of the aussies are still there. It's just an enclosed school. In my science class I was doing my work right next to my best friend. My stunning best friend, she has blue eyes and the most adorable freckles. Also in my class... was it. He sits at the back. I don't know what he was doing, because I was too deep into conversation. My best friend tell me how obsessed she is with it. I roll my eyes. I mean... he's fine, but he has a girlfriend.

Class finished painlessly, although I'm not good at science, I still know how to play along. We walk outside to an open garden in school.
There he stands. It. Simply admiring the plants. Walking one foot in front of another. My heart stops beating at the sight of him. I've never had this feeling before. I don't understand why butterflies are erupting in my stomach. Anyways, I push them to the side and try to slick past him with ease.
I get two steps ahead of him, I was convinced that I had made it past him. Just as I let out a gentle sigh, he calls me name. I somehow freeze and turn around at the same time.

We talk for what feels like forever.
We walk for what feels like forever.
I now know deep and personal stuff he hasn't told anyone. He also knows everything about my life. We hear the school bells ring and start heading back to class. And of course, like every movie in the world, his class we right next to mine.

As we walk down the hallway, I feel his arms wrap around my waist. The butterflies I thought I had slayed are now reborn, this time as fierce as ever.
This is when we see our old English teacher teaching a class. We just had to go say hi, didn't we?
And of course, his girlfriends little sister was in that class. She caught us red handed in the act, his two arms tied around me, us smiling like idiots. But he didn't seem like he cared about her, not even slightly.

He walks me over to my class and I think it's now or never. I slowly lead him toward the wall. His arms still wrapped around my entire torso. We slow dance like this for thirty seconds, I refused to let go. Then he whispered in my ear,
"Stuff her, I want you. I love you"
That's all I ever needed.

I awoke after this. My heart pounding. My head spinning. My stomach full of butterflies.
And although it was a dream, his touches were the most real thing in the world.
Maybe, if I were to really dare, I can still feel his arms around my waist.
Or, if I really wanted, I could conjure up the way he made me feel.
He made me feel like: no matter what I do, no matter who I'm with, I can keep coming back to him, even when I don't want to.

Do I love him?