deuxième partie || part two

A little story about the night I saw my first love once more. It was horrible and I thought he had been gone from my life forever.

It's was year six.
Our graduating year of primary school.
And I had survived twenty one months without a glimpse of him.
The setting was market night.
An annual thing our primary school does every year. On that night the schools' oval is swarmed with fun rides and markets of everything.

It was just before I had to go on for my last dance. I was accompanying a friend, about to ride on the mechanical bull. We were last in line, and then two boys came up behinds us. An old friend I've known since preschool, and my lover boy from two years ago.
"Hey guys! Remember this boy?"
An old friend taps me on the shoulder. My eyes widened like they've seen a ghost. My mind goes into manic. My oldest, dearest friend Emily speaks before I can run away,
"Yeah, do you remember me?"
My love nods. By then someone on the opposite side of the planet could of noticed I was staring. It was dark and with little light. I couldn't see those blue wonders I've spent to many journal entries on.
My make friend breaks my train if thought,
"And do you remember this wonderful person?"
My old friend points at me, he's smiling so widely as if he knows something I don't.
My love, the boy I have obsessed about for two years at that point shakes his head.

I was gutted. From the moment he looked at me, his eyes spoke of something different. I am certain that he didn't forget me.
Or maybe he did.
Because I am now convinced that I was not his first love...
although he was mine.