Zut || damn

Jacob

This is me telling you to take care. This is me meaning it. This is me finally letting go of something. This is your story told in my point of view.

You message me on Instagram, I remember your word choice vividly.
"Hey baby girl, maybe I can show you a good time"
Not an amazing line but I've heard worse. I have also tried some myself. I questioned why he was texting me. Why he wasn't going on with his normal life. Why he had taken time to think about an ant as insignificant as me.
I text back with weird phrases.
Soon, the topic of boy troubles arrived (Jax, the next chapter). You were a great deal wiser than I. You were also a great deal older that I, four years to be exact. And to an eighth-grade-thirteen-year-old, older men are exciting. I took sanctuary in your comfort. You made me feel warm.

The twenty minutes I spent in your belonging was one of the warmest twenty minutes of my life.
We talked about school and my problems. We talked about his school and where he lives. We wrap ourselves in tin foil and pray we won't get burnt.

All it took me (but remember: I'm a chaotic disaster) was one simple maths worksheet. I finished my worksheet after one hour of frustrating work. He texts again. I'm convinced I love him at this point, but I was convinced with a lot of boys that I love them.

I remember the end game as if it were yesterday.
Jacob texts me as he would a loving boyfriend, because in his mind he is.
This is when the sensible part of myself kicked in.
I tell him to leave me alone. I ask him how he could live me after he's only known me for a few hours.
That night was an emotionally exhausting roller coaster, but if I learnt one thing:
Never open dick pics from anyone.