70

Both Jughead and Betty sat in Weatherbee's office, they were being lectured about the article in the Blue and Gold on the attack of General Pickens

Both Jughead and Betty sat in Weatherbee's office, they were being lectured about the article in the Blue and Gold on the attack of General Pickens. At the end of the lecture, Principal Weatherbee then told the teens they were suspended from the newspaper.

As Betty and Jughead walked out -- Jughead reached out for Betty's hand. This action halts the blonde.

"Betty," Jughead sighs, "Look. I'm sorry."

Betty looks at him.

"I don't care if they harass me at home or school, but you- you don't deserve this heat." Jughead said.

Betty looks at him in confusion, "Who's harassing you at home?"

Jughead rubs the back of his neck, "Sheriff Keller. He has no proof, but he suspects one or more of the Serpents, probably me, decapitated the statue of General Pickens." He says.

"And did you?" Betty asks.

Jughead gives her a look, "Betty, how-? Why would I decapitate a bronze statute?" He asks.

"I don't know, maybe the same reason you wrote the article. To avenge Toni's grandfather. I mean, you and Toni are close." Betty said.

"Sure," Jughead says, "We're pals."

Betty nods, "Better stay that way," She says, "I'm not accusing you of cheating because I have no room to lecture, but remember you have Michelle in your life."

Jughead nods, "I know, Betty. She's great- uh Michelle is, so you know who I am talking about." He says.

Betty says nothing more on the subject, and the two teens begin to walk down the hallway in the direction of the Blue and Gold room -- they were told to remove their belongings by the end of the day, so they might as well get it over with.

~RIVERDALE~

In between classes, Peter had exited the bathroom stall. He went to wash his hands when he heard the door open. Stepping in was Flash. The guy had a wrist brace on his wrist -- the one Peter had held rather tightly a few days prior.

Peter had almost forgotten about it. No one at school brought it up -- probably due to the whole General Pickens thing.

"Uh- hey," Flash says not looking at Peter.

Peter turns off the sink and grabs a paper towel, "Don't worry I'll be out in a second,"

Peter doesn't even look at Flash. Once Peter throws the paper towel away, he goes for the door. The teen was then stopped when Flash reached out and grabbed Peter's arm, halting the brunette in the bathroom with his former friend.

"Look uh- about the other day," Flash says letting go of Peter, "Man, I'm a huge jerk."

Peter looks up at Flash now.

"Ugh, I'm a major jerk actually. Look, when Michelle confessed about her being a Serpent I was more upset for Liz, the two were best friends since they were infants. The way it hurt her- it hurt me. And when I knew you knew- I don't know, I guess I just got too angry." Flash said.