12

Veronica arrives at Riverdale High in a room with Betty -- and seven other girls

"This story is bigger than we thought," Betty said, "I started asking around to see if what happened to you happened to anyone else, and if anyone would go on record."

"I will. A hundred percent." Spoke Ethel Muggs.

Betty looks at Veronica, "Okay, it's five guys on the football team. Chuck and his posse. Ethel was about to tell us,"

Ethel takes in a deep breathe before saying, "One day last year, Chuck and I talked in the library for ten minutes. I helped him with a Pre-Cal problem and nothing happened. But the next day, he- he started telling people that I let him do stuff to me." Ethel frowns.

The others in the room sat and listened -- or in Betty and Veronica's case stood and listened to Ethel speak.

"Like sex stuff. And then he- or one of his goons wrote "sloppy seconds" on my locker." Ethel said.

"Yes, yes. We've all heard your tragic origin story." Cheryl said appearing at the door.

Betty turns to Ethel, "I'm so so sorry, Ethel. That's horrible." She said.

"Not as horrible as being a suspect in your own brother's torture-murder case, but we all have our crosses." Cheryl said sounding heartless, "In the meantime, River Vixen practice starts in five minutes, sluts, so-."

"They're ruining our lives, and to them it's just a game. They keep score and-." Ethel spoke.

Veronica turns to Ethel, "Wait, what do you mean, keep score?" She asks.

"Each conquest earns them points. They keep track in some secret playbook." Ethel said.

Betty turns to Veronica, "Okay, we have to talk to Weatherbee." She said.

Ethel frowns, "I've already tried. Weatherbee said that he didn't find anything." She said.

Betty nods, "Okay, we need undeniable proof." Betty said.

"Proof of what, Nancy Drew? That boys will be boys? And that playbook reeks of suburban legend." Cheryl said.

Veronica eyes Cheryl, "How would you know, Cheryl?"

Cheryl rolls her eyes, "Because, Frida Shallows, before he died, my brother was co-captain of the football team with Chuck, and Jason never mentioned it, and he never would've allow it." She said.

Veronica looks at Cheryl, "Okay, well, I never met your brother, but I'm not lying about what happened to me." She said.

"And Ethel's not lying." Betty says.

"And proof or no proof, book or no book, I am going to scorched earth on these privileged, despicable miscreants. You wanna get caught in the backdraft, Cheryl?" Veronica glares, "Call m, or any of these beautiful young, strong, intelligent women "slut" one more time." Veronica said.